• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Just to clarify... the Z Boaz ball golf course is the one that will be closing. 138 acres that must be a park. You can install a championship level course on 40 acres of land that isn't good for playgrounds, dog parks or ball fields.

I've never played the course, so I have no idea what the land looks like. If it's anything like the land the Z Boaz disc golf course is on... we need another course!

Quick question? Whats the course to play after a rain in the forth worth area. Im going to a xmas party tonight in cleburne, im coming from lewisville. Im open to anything not to muddy

Arcadia really wasn't too muddy last week. There is one one basket, the one by the levee and the road, I forget what #, where the ground was squishy but still grassy enough to not be overly muddy. Tee pad 18 was muddy around it. It looks like the course does hold water for a few days but we didn't come out looking like golems.

North Park has mud. It's that thick clay mud. Still though, muddy feet is all I get.

Tommy and Sue Brown probably doesn't have mud if you want a quickie.

Okay, ya know what? 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 are total mires. I had to put my sneakers in 4 wheel drive to get around. Had to scrape my shoes on trees to spare the tee pads. My thigh has a log shaped bruise, complete with bark pattern, from wiping out on an impromptu log bridge by 6 and my discs look like I plowed a field with them.

I love disc golf! :p

Quick question? Whats the course to play after a rain in the forth worth area. Im going to a xmas party tonight in cleburne, im coming from lewisville. Im open to anything not to muddy

Turner in Grand Prarie drains really well

Thats the only prob with DG courses being installed in the "less wanted" space. Usually means it is where every thing drains to! Way to many flood plain courses.

Greenbriar is the driest, but the least challenging.

Crowley will be the closest to Cleburn, but muddy in the middle section.

ZBoaz is only really muddy on hole 1, and is the most challenging, but can get crowded.

Those are your' best choices.

David Teague said:
http://funkytowndiscgolf.com/2011/12/fifth-annual-hangover-classic/

It's time to get ready for the 5th club championship event, the Hangover Classic.

This years New Years Day event will be held at Lester Lorch Park in Cedar Hill.

We will be playing two rounds this year. The field will be split and you will play one round on Beaver and one on Coyote. (Last year we started on time but we just had too many people on one course. In fact, every year we have had over 120 people on one course and the round always takes forever. From now on we will play two courses so that we can fit everyone and have the rounds play as quickly as possible.)

Sign ups will start promptly at 8am (Eloy will provide a member card for everyone to fill out, If you are a renewing member all you need to do is check renewal and put your name and any info that may have changed since last year). Steve will take entry fees, tags and filled out cards)

The players meeting will start at 930am where we will honor our 2011 Players of the Year.

There will be 5 divisions this year: Open, Ladies, Masters, Grand Masters, AM and Novice. Each Division winner will receive a trophy.

Cards will be made out by the order of division and tag turned in. You will play on the same card and starting hole for both rounds.

We will be taking a short 45 minute break between rounds. Hot dogs will be provided during the break and after the second round. But if you would like something else, please bring a snack. We need to keep the break short so that we can be sure to finish both rounds with plenty of daylight.

Finally, this years membership fee will be $25. Everyone will automatically be in the ace pot. $2 will be taken out of the fee and added to the existing ace pot of $250. The ace pot should be over $450. If the ace is not hit it will carry over to the bag tag challenges.

We look forward to another successful kick off to a new year. See everyone New Years Day!

Check out the Funkytown Flyers page on facebook for the event invite. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

hhhmmm cedar hill new years day. I might have to make it up there, that is unless we do a tourney at the bEast in Waco.

David,
Thanks for the info. I am a Tennessee golfer, but will be in the Big D after Christmas. My son and I will be there.

Question. Will there be alternate tees for Novice on the 2 water holes? Thanks,
Ron

I take it back. Good grass, tall trees, some water hazards... it could be fun. I assumed that there would be more trees off of the fairway of a course over 80 years old.

If they made the ZBoaz golf course a DG course with a legitimate pro shop, carts, and beer girls, I'd pay up to $20 a round.

Just drop the baskets right in the hole on the green, that would be an amazing sight to see.

HEY DFW guys ill be in dallas tomorrow on sunday and am looking at selling my DGA M-14 basket if interested please reply or text me 3257163502 so i can bring it, thanks guys.

Latest posts