• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

i was there on Thursday and there were workers out there adjusting baskets. they said all the new trees would be planted by this past weekend and the course would be ready for play.

planting the trees was the big holdup but i bet John makes one more run through to evaluate the lines and the details. i imagine there will still be trimming and possible tree/branch removal on a few of the holes, particularly from the long boxes.

Sweet well then I will be headed out there after work. I'm excite to see a new course in the area

Played McCord and its definitely open. There are still trees with overhanging branches over creeks that will be cleared off soon. The short tees are super easy on this course. Like, 6+ in the 100-200 ft range. The long tees make this course super fun though. Good variance between shot types, and you definitely need to be able to throw anhyzer RHBH or be a lefty for a few shots. I really wish this course was closer because its a lot of fun. A few really aceable holes from the shorts as well. Water comes into play on a good amount of holes but for the vast majority the creek is very very shallow, making it more disc retrieval than disc loss. That being said if anyone finds my damn 11x eagle off the first hole...

There is no parking lot for the course but the manager of the RaceTrac is allowing disc golfers to park there.

Played the course Monday, all baskets and pads are in the ground. Still needs a little work on flood control but with time and all the trees they have planted McCord is looking good. Watch out for that creek it's a dooozy.

I played McCord today form the shorts with a couple of other players. We are all rated between 800 and 850, and we all shot even or +1, so I think the DGCR SSE of 44.5 from the shorts is probably pretty accurate. The tee sign distances are off on some holes, sometimes by a couple of hundred feet, but they still made the course pretty easy to navigate.

The course was difficult to find from the address and directions. Just go the the address and then pull into the Racetrak parking lot. As you exit onto the side road from that parking lot, just go straight across into the McCord park parking lot. It kind of looks like you are pulling into an apartment complex, but don't let that fool you.

The drainage at this course is not the best. I overheard some parents at the park playground saying it was a swamp. There are some obvious efforts going on regarding planting trees and sod. Expect that farm fresh manure odor.

The shorts layout is one of the easiest in the DFW area. I've scored better at Paschal, ACM, UT Dallas, and Cherry Creek red tees, but that's about it. However, I think the creek makes this course not the best for new players. I found the lines were also very difficult. The tees and pin positions were almost always placed to either put trees in the natural line or put OB next to the pin, or both. In short, this is a technical layout for experienced players. It's not a course for encouraging first time players.

I played McCord today form the shorts with a couple of other players. We are all rated between 800 and 850, and we all shot even or +1, so I think the DGCR SSE of 44.5 from the shorts is probably pretty accurate. The tee sign distances are off on some holes, sometimes by a couple of hundred feet, but they still made the course pretty easy to navigate.

that big dirt bunker around holes 4,6,9,10 that is currently fenced off was not there when the course was designed. i was so confused playing there for the first time since July the other week. the long boxes for those four holes have all moved and a few of the shorts are even different.

hole 9 used to have a 525' long box. look at the map and distances on the course page here, some of them are totally different now. both of hole 10's boxes used to be further to the left, up the hill. you were throwing downhill and that one big tree over there was right in front of you.

i wonder if John is going to be happy when he sees what has happened to his original design?

the lines on the long boxes are looking a bit better now. they have been trimmed a little but they're still pretty tight, particularly in places that are directly over the water.

the course may be playable but i don't think you could say it is "open". i hope the new review that just popped up gets removed. i'll be waiting for the grand opening before posting a review.

well, never mind. just checked the other thread and saw that John says it is open and reviewable.

Witnessed some pretty awful people today at McCord. Some guys blatantly stole a dudes disc, mocked him and walked off with it. The guy who stole the disc yelled "thanks for the disc" and held it out the window as he drove off in his silver f-150 license plate 785-DB8. Other cars involved was a green nissan sedan CH3-v533 and a maroon ford truck BST4900. They fished like 8 discs out of the water, and when the guy, who was right there, asked for them to toss his disc back they tried to charge him 15 bucks for it, and then became giant *******s, proudly mocking him for stealing his disc.

Most disgraceful thing i've ever witnessed on a course.

well, never mind. just checked the other thread and saw that John says it is open and reviewable.

I still can't leave a review, so it must have been locked back down. I'm waffling between a 2.5 and a 3. I have no intention of ever playing the course again, but I can see how it might appeal some advanced/pro men who like to lose discs while slogging through ankle deep mud.

whatever, it's a fun course. i haven't even played a whole round from the longs yet but there are a lot of fun shots.

and it's not the course's fault if you throw a disc in the water.

and i've seen Towne Lake way muddier.

What happened to the Z at Z Boaz? Not the metal Z at the parking lot, but the big wood and chain art thing on #15. We took some friends there for the first time, and were disappointed when it wasn't there.

^^^this, i think

i saw a big splintered piece of wood off the fairway near there the last time i was there. looked like it may have come from the Z. :/