• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG in Wisconsin

Maynard67

I'm heading to Wisconsin for a few days, a little south of Milwaukee, and was wandering what courses I should check out. Have looked at a few reviews on here but was wanting a few suggestions. Thanks

Last time I was up their I played Yulga in stevens point pretty nice short course. Would like to check out standing rocks next time I have heard good things...

Grey and red fox in Silver Lake are worth it. Also Fairfield in Round Lake IL isnt too far from the border

If "a little south of Milwaukee" means Oak Creek/Franklin area just head up to Brown Deer and Dretzka. If time permits check out the Milwaukee courses. Most all of them are worth a stop. Brown Deer and Dretzka are at the top, though. If you are further south you could check out UW Parkside or the Grey and Red Fox, I haven't played the Fox courses but have only heard good things.

Grey Fox is top ten or twenty in Wisco; which is saying something...if pins are all in long locations. However, that is rarely the case. It's a good course, regardless, but meets it's maximum potential with pins in all longs.
Dredzka and Brown Deer are he best; but there are a lot of interesting courses in the Milwaukee area. Not many, don't bother layouts there...

You are going to be within 12-15 miles of Silver Lake. I'd go there first. Make sure to visit Round Lake IL. It is absolutely awesome!! 2 totally different layouts.

If you are going to be staying in Burlington then Grey Fox(and Red) should be first on your list. Fairfield should be high on your list.

White River is a decent course if you have some extra time, and it's only 15 minutes away. Course is in really good shape right now. It's a converted ex-golf course so it is a different disc golf experience.

With a little planning you should be able to hit a bunch of good courses in Milwaukee.

Do not play Tim Osmond in Antioch, it might be close but it is a complete waste of time.

Yeah, I'd say Fox River for sure, especially from Burlington. You could head down to Beviar from there, which is a little further East in IL, but a good course. UW-Parkside isn't bad, either, in Kenosha. It's flat, but a good mix of wooded and open holes. If you play UWP, though, use a spotter if you don't trust your drives. There's a LOT of tall thick grass out there, even on some of the wooded holes.

Otherwise, I'd recommend heading up to Brown Deer and then Dretzka if you have time.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, Bird's Ruins in Marshall is really challenging. From there, you're only a short drive from Heistand Park in Madison. Bring mosquito repellent!

Brown Deer is definitely worth the trip.

If you don't want to travel too far from Burlington, I would hit up White River and/or Fox River.
If you're down to travel about an hour, I would go to Dretzka and/or Brown Deer (both northern Milwaukee).
If you're willing to dedicate a day and travel about 4 hours away, you have lots of options, Rollin Ridge, Winter Park in Kewaunee, or Justin Trails come to mind.

Latest posts