• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA's new disc, the Torrent.

Sounds perfect to me and for me at elevation. My Z Crank is too overstable for max distance and Nuke SS is too flippy. Good Katanas and Bolts are just right but hard to find. (Only shop online because of distance to a local shop). If the Pro Line version is a touch too understable the the SP Line might make a good complement. I wouldn't have a need for SP Flex anytime soon.

Yeah Flex would probably be too much, or at least defeat the purpose of a distance driver. Whatever these Torrents are made of now I hope they will start making some others in it too because I think the plastic is really sweet!

To describe the plastic for those who haven't felt it yet, it feels a lot like a champy star blend in Innova terms. It has a nice grip to it but isn't overly grippy, which I believe is a good thing with the wide rim. Pretty easy release to it as well.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. But it's available for pre-order now for 14.99

So it's different than Pro Line? I have some Pro Line that is a little translucent and very plasticky feeling and some Pro Line that is opaque and almost rubbery.

It is still Proline plastic, the blend is just a little different. I'm only talking about the Protos though, I haven't felt the production runs yet.

It is the slightly translucent type.

It is important to note that 50 Torrent Protos (see photo below) were released prior to approval. These discs failed the 1/16-inch radius gauge, so they are not permitted in PDGA events.

dga_torrent_proto_failed_1_16-inch_radius_gauge_test.jpg

LOL.."not permitted in PDGA events."

That sucks, i hope i see someone trying to use one of these Torrent proto in a tournament.

That plastic is sexy! Hopefully this is a more reliable Nuke SS. I always liked a nuke ss for distance... but man does it have an unpredictable flight path.

There's 2 of these on eBay for $13 each shipped "Buy it Now"
I saw them this morning. I can't believe they're still available

Torrents available

We have Torrents ready to ship. They are first run discs stamped for the Hard Pan Classic coming to Fresno California on May 24th.

Take a look at fresnoflightcenter.com

Both the eBay Torrents are still there?! I don't want one, but I assumed there would be others eager to try one. I mentioned it to see how fast they'd go. Now I'm fascinated with how little interest there is with these.

There is still one for under $13 with free shipping! Crazy deal! By the way, the plastic on these new First Flight Torrents is amazing. Someone should snag the disc pronto!

Never thrown one of these and never will but kudos for the cool name.

Latest posts