• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hole 17 at UC park in San Antonio/Universal City. (315')

Threw a 175G Bottom Stamp XCaliber. In a 15 mph wind, threw it on the extreme right edge of the fairway. The disc edged past a large tree where it dove at a dirt access road. The disc hit the dirt and rocks a full speed and then skipped another 50' directly into the basket, no chains needed. It was only my 3rd ace in all my years playing... But it was awesome and my old college roommate was there as my witness. Hell, he was almost more excited then I was... Said it was his first ace he'd ever seen.

Ashleigh got her first ace last night, in the dark, on her birthday! :thmbup:

I got my 3rd Ace ever and my first of the year yesterday evening.I found a FLX Buzzz with no name or # on the previous hole.The next hole we played I usually throw my Z Buzzz, but figured I'd try out my new find..bang straight in the chains!

finally got my second ace, first one for this year!

i got it yesterday at black butte lake course in california. it was the 23rd hole, course is 18 holes with a temp 9 for the tournament we were in. about a 200' hole maybe, straight in with a putter. it was pimp! too bad it was in a practice round

I got my 3rd Ace ever and my first of the year yesterday evening.I found a FLX Buzzz with no name or # on the previous hole.The next hole we played I usually throw my Z Buzzz, but figured I'd try out my new find..bang straight in the chains!

thats pretty dang cool. even if it had a number id have to try to talk the guy into taking a different disc from me lol.

got my 4th today with an old pearly pro firebird on hole 7 at holly woods. its a short blind dogleg left. slightly up hill and well guarded by a few trees. i heard chains but it didnt sound like a solid hit and i assumed it didnt stick. one of the guys with me ran ahead and assured me it was in. the firebird has offocially found a spot in the bag.
96b0090b.jpg

3rd ace of the year is also a second one on this hole: #11 Winton Woods. yeah it's stupid short, but an ace is an ace, right?

Boom Pow . . . #3 of 2011 Hole #4 \/alley \/iew New Berlin WI. I threw my star gator (already has two aces before this one) with hyzer intending for it to skip softly and lay under the basket (like it usually does . . . Gators normally don't skip high e\/er). It hit the mulched fairway ont he side with some angle skipped about 10' in the air hit a branch on the tree in front of the basket and in.

It was only a matter of time before I got this hole, it is the shortest on the course I think and is by far the easiest hole. Funny how it took me 150 or so rounds before I got an ace on this course and ha\/e had 4 since and all 4 on different holes!

finally popped my ace cherry last friday...240' hole, straight low ceiling hole...nothin too crazy, just felt good to get that cloud over my head gone

Boom Pow . . . #3 of 2011 Hole #4 \/alley \/iew New Berlin WI. I threw my star gator (already has two aces before this one) with hyzer intending for it to skip softly and lay under the basket (like it usually does . . . Gators normally don't skip high e\/er). It hit the mulched fairway ont he side with some angle skipped about 10' in the air hit a branch on the tree in front of the basket and in.

It was only a matter of time before I got this hole, it is the shortest on the course I think and is by far the easiest hole. Funny how it took me 150 or so rounds before I got an ace on this course and ha\/e had 4 since and all 4 on different holes!

Congrats harr0! And just so everybody knows, he hit this during league so he got paid for it too! I think you will get 6 next btw.

AND I QUOTE...

what is next 6 or 10 . . . I will probably hit #4 next though!

Congrats, that's very cool! My money would be on 4 if it's included. .

Boom Pow that!!

#12 at Banklick yesterday in the Bluegrass open and chained out of #13 on my next throw. So close!!!

Just popped this years cherry finally...ace 54 where are you

Finally nailed my first one today! Hole 14 @ Avon Town Hall, IN. Tossed an ESP Comet, and started cursing as I could tell it was going to go left of the basket - pinballed off two trees before crashing chains.

Thanks to Joe for watching from the next tee pad and coming back to sign my disc!
Photo0261.jpg

Got one today. Thumber ace with a Banshee on beginner hole #4 at Creekside Park in Archdale, NC. A whopping 154', I went for the little window over the basket and plinko'd down off a dead tree and into the tray. Woot!

Got one today. Thumber ace with a Banshee on beginner hole #4 at Creekside Park in Archdale, NC. A whopping 154', I went for the little window over the basket and plinko'd down off a dead tree and into the tray. Woot!

Very nice :thmbup:. Was it completely chainless?

It might have glanced the chains, it hit the crown (Innova Discatcher) first, slid off and fell in the tray. But no "ching" just a "clung!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.