• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2017

nmh5028

Sticky and replace the 2016 thread?

First Ace!! (Took almost 7 years)

I didn't get to play anywhere near as much as I would have liked to in 2016, but managed to make it out to the annual New Year's Day Battle for the Crown at Hot Shots DGC. Nothing better than starting off 2017 with an ace! I didn't pay into the ace pot (for maybe the first time ever), but did take the CTP prize on the same hole.

Hot Shots DGC, Lexington Park, MD
Hole 10 - Red to A (177ft)
Champion Roc

Attachments

• IMG_20170101_134629.jpg
    IMG_20170101_134629.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Mod note:
DGCR 2016 Aces thread link back
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hey guys, I have a short story/dilemma that I need closure on. To start off, I'm a relatively new DGA player (~4months). 4-5 weeks ago I found what was soon to be my favorite disk: a Captain America Shield Dynamic Discs Fuzion Truth. I found this disk at a local course tucked deep into a creek. Seeing that it was unmarked, I labeled it as mine own and went about my merry way. Just yesterday {Jan.23/2017}, I went to the same course with a couple of friends to play a quick round before sundown. I was first throw for the course and I nailed my 1st Ace! I was pumped! My 2 buddies signed my disk and we moved on. Now, we were on hole 3 and moving to our 2nd shot, when another group approached me. Evidently, they had seen my ace and one of them wanted to know where I had gotten the disk (Captain). I told him where I had found it over a month ago. This guy went on to tell me how that it was his disk and how he had paid x amount of money for it & that he wanted it back. Though he had seen me just ace with it, he still pushed to have the disk back. I honestly was very reluctant to just give him my new prized possession. But, being a mildly passive guy, I gave him the Captain. I really do appreciate the player to player integrity code that we have established, but I'm struggling not to be bitter about giving up the disk after such a long time period of owning {+ the 1st Ace}. I need to know what this community thinks of situations like this. Should I have offered to pay him for the disk or was what I did the most appropriate response? Please let me know what you think. Thanks for the read, guys.. Disc On!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in your situation, you did the cool thing, and the good karma thing. But I don't think it would hurt your karma any either, if you wanted THAT disc, to offer the guy a replacement, if you can find a nearly identical disc out there (I'm sure it's possible).

Did you believe him? There are lots of slimy people out there, could be he just made up the story.

You certainly could have offered him some cash for it, worst he could do is say no. Or ask for $500.

If I was the owner, I probably would have offered to trade it for one of your discs, unless it was a very special disc to me.

BTW, There is no such thing as karma, good or bad.

I would not have given it to him. I am sorry if you don't put your name &number on your disc, once it is gone it's gone (46YearOldSlinger). No way to know it really was his. If this were to ever happen again, instead of telling him where you found it, ask him where he lost it, what is the weight, mold. If he can answer these, I would give it back.

Hole #1 (white tee/white basket) Franklin Park, Purcellville, VA. 171g VIP Bard on a little forehand flick. Note, the rest of the round was largely terrible, to include my shoe getting stuck in the mud and completely coming off while I was walking causing me to trip and fall in same mud. End result, I finished the round appearing as though I had slathered my front half in doo-doo, stripped down for the drive home so as not to get mud all over my car, and explain to my wife upon coming home why I left to play disc golf fully clothed and returned several hours later in only my draws and socks.

But hey, it all started with an ace, so no complaints here.

Hounsel, you have all the power as the finder with the disc in your possession, not some dumb dumb that didn't bother to ink up his beloved disc. Returning the item free of charge is a perfectly fine solution, so is bartering, or even not giving it back.

I think you made an awfully nice gesture by taking his word and then returning the disc.

Hopefully you get your just rewards.

Skip ace! Hole 15 of Showa Kinen Park with a 158 champ Firebird on 1-28-2017

[/IMG]

I hit hole 5 of Oak Island today during a casual round. Straight hyzer flip with a beat dx teebird from a standstill on snowy/icy tee and a little tree love from the left side.

Just got my first ace ever yesterday at Garfield Park in Grand Rapids.
Only been playing for about 14 months.
Never played the course before, hole #11 through a bunch of trees. Heard it hit something, wasn't chains and wasn't wood sounding either.
My buddy took his shot and we walked up to the basket so I could locate mine. He yelled out "Dude! It's in the basket!" Must have hit the metal pole right below the chains.
237ft with an Axiom Insanity I just picked up used at a disc golf shop a half hour earlier.

Side note: it was the first time my buddy ever played, I felt like a badass! LOL!

congrats! got my first ace this fall after playing for about the same amount of time. exact same distance. I geeked out!:\

Feb. 4

aced Hole 1 at McCurry for $142

RHBH C-PD on a hyzer, clean into the chains, if it hadn't aced it would've been 60' long and in the mulch pile lol

(previously aced it before the renumbering when it was Hole 6 for $411 ... called that one on facebook 5 days before: exact hole, disc, and the skip in ;) )

believe that's 5 for me, plus the hangar ace

Hole 2 at Kentwood in a practice round before glow. Walked past the basket looking for my disc, found it in the basket. No one on the whole ahead of me and it was dark. Funny thing about aces had none in 2016, hit a bunch of chains. This year chained out of 2 at Bethesda in the same round and finally hit the Kentwood thing.

Does it count if it's not a part of even a casual round?

Buddy and I met up at the local course last week and decided to unload our bags on Hole #1 to warm up and sure enough I hit an ace after like 5 consecutive throws. We continued to warm up (even went to collect our discs and unloaded again) and once we decided to actually start, I only managed a par

Not sure if I have a 2017 ace yet or not

Hit ace #7 today on hole 16 at Wills Park with a Champion Firebird. First sidearm ace and first skip ace all in the same shot. I'm averaging about an ace a year, but hopefully I can start bumping up that statistic. It feels like I've been all over the baskets so far this year, but this is the first one that stuck.

Played a round with a buddy today, David Zimmerman PDGA #40327, and he aced hole 14 at Riverside Disc Golf Course in Janesville, WI (his 2nd ace on that hole). He has well over 300 aces, this one was with a newer Rpro Dart. He's just under 1000 rated currently (he's been over 1000) and is one of the top players in the state.

Attachments

• IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts