• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGLO am's shenanigans

I'm more of a "spirit of the law" person as opposed to a "letter of the law" person. The rule is there to promote a timely flow of play. He was not trying to get away with anything. He did everything he could to get there on time. It should be up to the discretion of the players on the card.
And as Craig has pointed out the rules are there to maintain an even playing field. If you leave that call up to the discretion of the card how is it fair when one card penalizes a late player four strokes and another card decides not to penalize their late player?

Well, if you need to argue that lunch, socks, and a couple minutes is a personal gain(even though the other players probably ate lunch and changed socks, as well. They just didn't get caught out in the parking lot), then maybe you need to reevaluated your competetive spirit. It seems a little petty to me. Wow, I 'd hate to have to use that as a crutch.
The guy got more time than anyone else. Doesn't really matter what he did with that time.

Perhaps if the guy who eventually finished in second place had had a couple extra minutes to down that Red Bull he would have had more energy and would have won the thing.

Or perhaps if another guy who ran his butt off and made it to his starting tee on time had been gifted a couple extra minutes to walk instead of run... he wouldn't have been so winded and wouldn't have shanked that first drive off into the lake.

Personally I like a competition that's fair. Where everyone is playing by the same rules.

Here is one thing that has not been talked about yet in this thread. That is the prestige level of events and how that plays into the subjectivity of rules. This is an unwritten thing, but a dynamic that almost everyone buys into.

Very good point. And to expand on that: the division in which you play also factors into the prestige level. Back when I played REC (MA3)... not that long ago... there were a lot of instances of players who took the attitude: "We're only playing REC for goodness sake, that rule XYZ shouldn't matter".

I expect (but do not know... yet) that players in MPO/MPM at a C-Tier probably play to a higher degree of consistency with respect to rules than MA3 players at a B-Tier.

I expect (but do not know... yet) that players in MPO/MPM at a C-Tier probably play to a higher degree of consistency with respect to rules than MA3 players at a B-Tier.

I would think that is true mainly because they all know the rules and are not at a stage where they are still trying to figure them out and how to implement them.

I think that lots of MPM players play there partly to avoid the bickering and associated stress that comes with some of the high strung young guns. Some of that surrounds rules stuff. So, to your point I think MPO is higher prestige than MPM.

Latest posts