• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Jonesboro Open presented by Play It Again Sports April 17-19

3 rounds over 1000 rated again for Paige ,-14 last round!
She's totally destroying the field

Paige Avg round rating of 1024 would give her a top 15 place in MPO!! Based purely on avg round rating

Strange that Paiges drive on hole 14 R2 was NOT on shot of the day!

Paige played hole 14 in 8 throws total. . . Paul and Calvin played it in 10 throws

After watching the 3 rounds on Jomez I have to say I am not impressed by the Prodigy basket.

I have been saying the Seeing on YouTube Prodigy baskets on courses even by good amateur players especially the old no longer made versions that had both Inner and outer chain sets interlocking in the chain style, those old T1 style no longer made are the worst as Pro players have to use a disc that is more midrange like then putter or use a putter like midrange so that players can driver putt rather then putt at them. Most of these players are in the south east of USA though for but some reason several courses in pacific northwest of USA and Canada ended up with these baskets too. These baskets are still better then the one model Discraft made/did make, the old Chainstar as for some reason the baskets caught discs worse then what the DGA baskets ever did even the Mach II with lower similar cadge to the old Chainstar cadge catches better. The way the cage on Chainstar are the discs tend to scoop out on putts.

3 rounds over 1000 rated again for Paige ,-14 last round!
She's totally destroying the field

Paige looked good for sure. That course suited her game. Lots of long, fairly unimpeded drives. Paige also putted really well. In 3 rounds she may have had 4 bad holes.

Catrina looked really good in the final round.

I have been saying the Seeing on YouTube Prodigy baskets on courses even by good amateur players especially the old no longer made versions that had both Inner and outer chain sets interlocking in the chain style, those old T1 style no longer made are the worst as Pro players have to use a disc that is more midrange like then putter or use a putter like midrange so that players can driver putt rather then putt at them. Most of these players are in the south east of USA though for but some reason several courses in pacific northwest of USA and Canada ended up with these baskets too. These baskets are still better then the one model Discraft made/did make, the old Chainstar as for some reason the baskets caught discs worse then what the DGA baskets ever did even the Mach II with lower similar cadge to the old Chainstar cadge catches better. The way the cage on Chainstar are the discs tend to scoop out on putts.

There are quite a few courses around Nashville with the older Prodigy baskets. We always jokingly say ****in Prodigy baskets and I always say...Prodigy baskets hate your discs. The design concept is great but in reality they are too stiff to reliably catch putts.

There are quite a few courses around Nashville with the older Prodigy baskets. We always jokingly say ****in Prodigy baskets and I always say...Prodigy baskets hate your discs. The design concept is great but in reality they are too stiff to reliably catch putts.

I remember an early demo video of the Prodigy baskets. The guy was hammering every putt at them and they stuck. It seemed strange at the time how hard he was throwing his putts. I guess we have found out over the years why.

I remember an early demo video of the Prodigy baskets. The guy was hammering every putt at them and they stuck. It seemed strange at the time how hard he was throwing his putts. I guess we have found out over the years why.

Yep and in 2016-2017 in that time when Scott Stokely first came onto Youtube, he was playing a old course in Pacific Northwest that was once a top Pro Super tour course that was dropped for very top status when the number of Touring Pros got to be too much for the course design had just got these baskets to replace the old cage Mach III. Scott Showed how it was impossible to do a putt though on the older style T1 with the outer chains set locking together same way the inner set is on both T1 and T2 are. Stokely was about 5 feet from basket so as to not hit the basket with his long arms and did a mega slam putt, to me this showed a basket that was going to need a hard hard putt to make a disc stick in the older T1 design. Since then the baskets have been changed so one does not need to putter drive a disc into the basket, but you still need to hard putt into the basket.

I like how you said throwing putts rather then putting his putts, this to makes me think the former Prodigy pro was not actually putting but doing a midrange standstill throw with players putter grip into the basket.

Last edited:

Latest posts