• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Green Mountain Championship Sept 3-6

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/44114
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...nship_at_Smugglers_Notch_Resort_2020/register
http://www.smuggsdiscgolf.com/
https://udisclive.com/live/gmc2020

https://www.dgpt.com/event/green-mountain-championship/
The Green Mountain Championship is one of the premier disc golf events in the world. Established in 2013, the GMC quickly rose to prominence as a favorite stop for several of the top disc golfers in the world. As the event gained high-level PDGA sanctioning, it joined the inaugural Pro Tour in 2016, serving as the final stop of the regular season and the first Tour Championship.

Playing on premier courses Brewster Ridge and Fox Run, each provides a unique track for the world's top players. Last year saw Paul Mcbeth and Sarah Hokom bring home wins for the final stop on the 2019 Disc Golf Pro Tour. Returning again as the bookend event for the 2020 Pro Tour season, make plans to watch in-person or online September 3-6th.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 Green Mountain Championship will be CLOSED TO SPECTATORS OF ANY KIND

We are adhering to guidance from the ACCD and The State of Vermont, who stress the importance of social distancing to curb the spread of COVID-19. Smugglers' Notch Disc Golf Center and the US Pro Tour have decided that closing the 2020 GMC to the general public is the safest course of action to protect our players, staff, and wider disc golf community.

We appreciate your understanding during these difficult times.

Live coverage for GMC will start at 12:30pm est with MPO feature/live card teeing off at 1pm all four days...

Thursday Feature Cards..

MPO Live card:

McBeth
Ricky
Eagle
Uli

FPO 3pm Live card and GK Pro postpro:

PP
Hokom
Cat
H. King

Jomez post pro 12:40 card:

Clemons
Simon
Hannum
Brinster

Gatekeeper Media postpro 9:42am card:

Conrad
Barham
Perkins
Fish

Course schedule... Brewster Fox Brewster Fox

Last edited:
I had reservations at Smugglers Notch State Park to camp and watch every round, since March...I was there at World's I'm 2018 and last year in 2019...love that place, in my humble opinion, the best disc golf facility in the US...two championship courses that couldn't be more different, beautiful scenery, no chain restaurants within miles, great craft beer, not too crowded, well run, etc.

I will be playing the am side in MA2. I predict that to win MA2 I'm gonna have to shoot somewhere about even, but we'll see how it goes. I spectated both lead cards last year on Brewster but this will be my first time playing in the event.

Good to see Hailey King on lead card, she played well last year. MPO lead card should be a good watch, especially on Brewster, although both other MPO feature cards should be good too.

I am really contemplating treating a trip to catch opening rounds of the GMC as a work trip. You know- to see how it's all done. For... Science!

I had reservations at Smugglers Notch State Park to camp and watch every round, since March...I was there at World's I'm 2018 and last year in 2019...love that place, in my humble opinion, the best disc golf facility in the US...two championship courses that couldn't be more different, beautiful scenery, no chain restaurants within miles, great craft beer, not too crowded, well run, etc.

Yep. Paradise. The Brewster is a great little pub and the food spots nearby are insanely good. I used to have an obsession with the Burger Barn before they sold to new owners- it's not the same but it's still a really good burger.

The fresh, warm frosted cinnamon bread at The Cupboard is not to be missed either fwiw. On the off days when it's warm enough to swim there are some of the jest jumping spots imaginable too. Killer brews with Lawson's, The Alchemist and Upper Pass all within shouting distance too.

The Brewster patio is a great place for Fiddleheads!

Seriously. My hardest choice at the tap these days is First Drop vs Fiddlehead. Sometimes I have to use my "phone a friend" lifeline!

Fiddlehead's disc golf specific beers are pretty awesome too, I hear the owner's got quite the private course built as well. He donated a keg of Mastermind for our Golf Biathlon and a ton of swag, can't say enough good things about that brewery.

Eagle will be an interesting story, he's playing very well this year but historically hasn't played well here. He didn't play last year and wasn't planning on playing this year, but signed up last minute. He posted on Instagram "Face your fears".

^Definitely watching that tonight!

I think Uli's hilarious, and I really like the way he breaks down the course when he does commentary.

And a little late to quarantine for 14 days before...

there also is the possibility of a 7 day quarantine and a negative PCR test result at the end of that, but you have to wait until the test results come back. so probably more like 9-11 days

(obviously not the spirit of what you're pointing out, but it is interesting there are the 2 options! along with quarantining at home before traveling directly to VT)

Warning...This is a "premier stream" so if you click on it soon after I posted, it will take you to wherever in the stream it is at the time...

Can someone who is up on the rules let me know who is right about using a marker on the tee pad? The situation comes up at 1:01:30. Jerm places a mini marker on the tee pad and Uli tells him that it isn't legal.

Thank you in advance.

Here is the rule. Discuss.

813.02 Illegal Device
A. A player must not use any device that directly assists in making a throw. Devices that reduce or control abrasion to the skin (such as gloves, tape, bandages, or gauze) and medical items (such as knee or ankle braces) are allowed. Placing an object as a directional aid is not allowed. An item such as a towel or a pad may be placed on the lie as long as it is not greater than one centimeter in thickness when compressed.
B. A device that is questioned by another player or an Official is illegal unless it is subsequently approved by the Director.
C. A player receives two penalty throws if observed at any time during a round to be using an illegal device. A player who repeatedly uses an illegal device may be subject to disqualification in accordance with Section 3.03 of the PDGA Competition Manual.

Latest posts