• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Ledgestone Insurance Open Aug 13-16

I need to watch that clip, but...
Dies anybody know why things should be so frosty between them?

Hammes is regionally known as an extreme hot-head and one to throw fits. This has been known around Wisconsin for several years, but now that he's on tour, I'm certain there are several pros who do not care for him.

If you listen to their conversation before Hammes even gets near the tee, they talk about how soft he is. They knew he couldn't handle the razzing, even before it began.

So which three are touring together? Gibson, Barella, and ??? They mentioned three of them touring together and is Hammes actually the 3rd?

So which three are touring together? Gibson, Barella, and ??? They mentioned three of them touring together and is Hammes actually the 3rd?

I know that AB and Hammes were leaving together from Ledgestone. If Gibson is with AB then yes, Hammes is part of that trio.

One of the first comments on the video was from Drew himself:

"Soooo I'm not the only one who thought Adam was a baby? That makes me feel better ��"
81 thumbs up on that comment so far.

One of the first comments on the video was from Drew himself:

"Soooo I'm not the only one who thought Adam was a baby? That makes me feel better ��"
81 thumbs up on that comment so far.

This is all just the fodder of children. It makes GK Pro, OTB and the game look unprofessional. Forethought should be given, when undertaking such projects. The opportunity to use a skins, as a positive promotion of the game, is there....a better choice of participants would have probably been wise.

This is all just the fodder of children. It makes GK Pro, OTB and the game look unprofessional. Forethought should be given, when undertaking such projects. The opportunity to use a skins, as a positive promotion of the game, is there....a better choice of participants would have probably been wise.

Hmmm yes and no. They have plenty of other videos out there, if you are just harping on positive promotion of the game and I don't know if they really could've foreseen just how much of a wet paper bag Hammes is. I do think that the 236+ comments already on the video will in turn help the youtube algorithms promote the video further, as it obviously has stimulated a large response.

Hmmm yes and no. They have plenty of other videos out there, if you are just harping on positive promotion of the game and I don't know if they really could've foreseen just how much of a wet paper bag Hammes is. I do think that the 236+ comments already on the video will in turn help the youtube algorithms promote the video further, as it obviously has stimulated a large response.

Agree, but is that really the response that helps the game? I suppose, any press is good press?

Here is a measure of how the courses performed. The Success Rate is how often a course would be expected to gave the higher rated player a lower score, among near-scratch players.

Northwood's 71.1% success rate would place it at the 35th percentile (almost top third) of the courses I've looked at.

Eureka Temp's 68.6% would place it at the 60th percentile (bottom half).

For the first time, there was enough data to do the same calculations for FPO - with the appropriate shift to the range of ratings. Sunset Hills' 63.6% success rated would place it at the 80th percentile (bottom fifth).​

The charts below show the average score for 1000 or 930 rated players on the x-axis (farther right is higher scores) and how much each hole contributed to the course having a high success rate, on the y-axis (up is more contribution to success).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• LIO20ET.png
    LIO20ET.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 204
  • LIO20NW.png
    LIO20NW.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 203
  • LIO20SS.png
    LIO20SS.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 204

FWIW, this is the only skins match video where I couldn't even get through part 1 and didn't even watch part 2. I just couldn't bear to listen to the bickering and didn't really want to watch it on mute. So yeah, it's getting comments, but I wonder how many people are watching the whole thing. That's part of the metrics as well.

FWIW, this is the only skins match video where I couldn't even get through part 1 and didn't even watch part 2. I just couldn't bear to listen to the bickering and didn't really want to watch it on mute. So yeah, it's getting comments, but I wonder how many people are watching the whole thing. That's part of the metrics as well.

I thought it was just me. Felt the same way about one of the other skins recently. The Jomez skins videos are so much more watchable. These are not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched about 10 minutes of the first half. Those two were like a couple of high school girls bickering with each other the whole time.
Hard pass.

I made it as far as the 3rd or 4th hole. By that point, I just felt sorry for Presnell and Barella.

Once thing the video does is give just a little (and I mean very little), insight into Hammes' mind/ability to handle the mental game. But you can't help but wonder...

If Gibson's comments can bother him to that extent, how would he handle being in a lead, getting chased down by competitors that get hot?

I'm not knocking the kid. He's young. He's still got time to develop as a person, and as a player. Time doesn't necessarily change who you are, but it provides the opportunity to improve how you handle things you can't control. With experience, some people develop a thicker skin, and some learn how to handle pressure. Some don't.

Performance Tracks

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• LIO20FTracks.png
    LIO20FTracks.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 179
  • LIO20MTracks.png
    LIO20MTracks.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 177