• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 Dynamic Discs Open Apr 28-May 1

Honestly amazed it's taken 2 years for several players to drop or not compete due to Covid at the same event.

I recall Brodie saying he had it a while back and took some time off but don't recall many other people. I totally understand it's up to the individual how much they share on personal matters, just more amazed that with the same couple dozen people and a lot of them traveling or staying together that we've not had more instances like this.

Hopefully everybody involved fully recovers and is able to get back close to full strength in a reasonable amount of time.

For Gannon Buhr's tee shot on hole 11 the spotter gives the red flag about 1/2 way through the discs flight.

Ultiworld article says Kona tested negative but withdraw so to not put card mates (and others) at possible risk. I respect that. Seems she was within her right within the rules to play the round. So much "rules this" and "personal choice that," so kudos to her to prioritizing exposure reduction for others.

Who knows what conversations were happening behind the scenes or if she was experiencing symptoms. She would seem to be the closest competitor contact of a person who tested positive.

Kona was very far back and in risk to miss the cut line so not that much to play for. .

Kona was very far back and in risk to miss the cut line so not that much to play for. .

Okay?

Most players still show up for their tee times in that situation. And seeing as she's the only one in the "I could possibly transmit this virus to others" position seeing as she was not forced to DNF by the rules, I'm fine showing her some respect/appreciation. I know dumping on her is popular around these parts.

Okay?

Most players still show up for their tee times in that situation. And seeing as she's the only one in the "I could possibly transmit this virus to others" position seeing as she was not forced to DNF by the rules, I'm fine showing her some respect/appreciation. I know dumping on her is popular around these parts.

Any player not forced to DNF in the top 10 would most likely play. . but in 30place?

Sure its nice of Kona not to play. . . but hard not to think that her place made that decision easier.

If they said the same to Kristin and she would decide to play would you blame her or any player in the top 10?

Any player not forced to DNF in the top 10 would most likely play. . but in 30place?

Sure its nice of Kona not to play. . . but hard not to think that her place made that decision easier.

If they said the same to Kristin and she would decide to play would you blame her or any player in the top 10?

I don't have a stance on hypotheticals. Also not sure who the "they" is.

This is one weird top 10 in MPO, not often you see names in the top 10 after 3 rounds that i have never heard of
Two possibilities, either these courses in these conditions test a player's skills not tested adequately on other courses that produced their current ratings OR these courses and conditions randomize scores.

This must be the most OB throws in a tournament ever? . . and most for a lead card?

Two possibilities, either these courses in these conditions test a player's skills not tested adequately on other courses that produced their current ratings OR these courses and conditions randomize scores.

Maybe other possibilities too.

Probably easy to do a correlation between rating and placement.

Maybe other possibilities too.

Probably easy to do a correlation between rating and placement.

That one is easy, yes, however if Chuck's second possibility is correct, we'd also want round-to-round correlations. i.e. To what extent are players, regardless of their player rating, able to reproduce similar round/hole scores round after round. That one is much tougher to get at without a lot of rounds on the same course/layout in similar conditions. :p

Paul is very close to the cut line, wonder if he has ever missed the cut?

He missed it by a stroke. Ultiword reports he has never missed a cut but it is not his first missed cash -- last one of note was 2019 USDGC.

This tournament has been a bloodbath.