• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT - Utah Open presented by Latitude 64

Yea Terry was obviously stammering when they were discussing it on the live stream, and even said Cat(I think it was Cat anyway) played it wrong... I think they also need to go around the course and weed eat or paint lines around the bunkers. They are pretty ambiguous in several places.

It was Paige who ended up playing it wrong. Strokes haven't been assessed yet but I imagine they will be by tomorrow morning.

I guess they're not gonna add strokes after all. Steve just sent an email.

Vids of today's card coming tomorrow. Musick (just put up itb), faes, Keegan, barela.

404 page not found

what did it say?

ps. loved the spotter giving both red and green flags :D

Ugh, man. Basically that people who went into the water off the tee should have gone to the drop zone and that it was stated in the players meeting, but not clearly in the caddy book. They were going to assess penalties, but now they aren't because things weren't clear enough from the beginning.

Ugh, man. Basically that people who went into the water off the tee should have gone to the drop zone and that it was stated in the players meeting, but not clearly in the caddy book. They were going to assess penalties, but now they aren't because things weren't clear enough from the beginning.

It also said 35 players were affected.

Oh great! Another tourney on a bolf course! I tried to watch it but can't. Can't wait till a tourney like Maple Hill. No disrespect to the fine people covering this event.
Agreed, the bolf courses are so boring to watch.

Also tough to watch without McBeth and/or Lizotte.

Additionally tough to watch due to TM and SD. Clemente #44??? Uggghhhh. (his # was 21, Aaron was #44)

Those crazy jump putts still look gimmicky. Wish they would eliminate them from the game.

496.jpg

Embrace the jump putt :D

Those crazy jump putts still look gimmicky. Wish they would eliminate them from the game.

Frame by frame shows that he was legal with his front foot but had lifted his back foot from the lie before releasing the disc. Uh oh!

Go to the Rules forums and suggest a rule that would prevent them.

Didn't the PDGA leaked notes from some months back suggest they were gonna look at them? If recollection serves, they were gonna try and remove them. No jumps when you're using a putting motion?

Just searched, must demonstrate stance up to 50 meters was one option they discussed, along with others. Not clear anything decided. The PDGA denied any changes... till 2018.

I have watched a LOT of Disc Golf live, and the players that we saw (Wysocki, Uli, Jerm, & Anthon) all looked really mediocre that round. Then I look and see that they shot a 1058 rated round. Wysocki went OB 4 times & Koling went OB 5 times and it was rated 1058.

Granted we saw each of them put a good birdie run on through the middle of the course, but it wasn't impressive to my eye. Maybe it was the speed of the round that made me perceive it that way and the ease to which they did it. But Koling could have literally picked up 5 strokes on that round.

Very strange.

I have watched a LOT of Disc Golf live, and the players that we saw (Wysocki, Uli, Jerm, & Anthon) all looked really mediocre that round. Then I look and see that they shot a 1058 rated round. Wysocki went OB 4 times & Koling went OB 5 times and it was rated 1058.

Granted we saw each of them put a good birdie run on through the middle of the course, but it wasn't impressive to my eye. Maybe it was the speed of the round that made me perceive it that way and the ease to which they did it. But Koling could have literally picked up 5 strokes on that round.

Very strange.
Penalty padding. Almost 5 shots of penalties per 1000 rated equivalent player in that 57 SSA.

Go to the Rules forums and suggest a rule that would prevent them.

I'll do it right here: at the point the disc is released, only the arm and hand throwing the disc can be ahead of the disc/disc marker. Or at the point of the disc's release, both legs and feet have to be behind the marker, and cannot even be in the air ahead of the marker.

Refine this to what works, but the bottom line is that jump putts can be and should be eliminated.

What really got my hackled up about it was when Big Jerm stated in a recent tournament that his leg would be in front of the marker disc but he was going to raise his foot off the ground when he threw. By current rules that's technically legal, but it should be made illegal.

I've also seen too many Feldberg and McCray jump putts be just too close to tell (and some illegal), but with nobody have the guts to call them on it. So just eliminate them.

Latest posts