• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc CAD drawings.

Dave,

Does your uncle work for Fort Wayne Mold or Roembke Mold? There's a lot of toolmakers between your location and South Bend. Just curious.

Dave, just curious...
why did you opt to not put a bead on the rim of your 2nd disc?
was the rim inspired by a Zone? I compared it to mine and the angle is a bit more extreme but otherwise reminds me of a Zone.

I was debating going the beaded route or not. I think i am going to throw a bead on my next revised putter drawing.

Picture a Zone/calssic roc/xd/sinus profile with a rhino thumbtrack but with the top profile like an aviar only thinner.

I thought that was from the sprue bushing not being flush with the mold plate, causing a little bit of flash. It seems odd that they would inject the plastic through an ejector pin, and to be honest, I don't even know if you can have an ejecting sprue bushing...

Holy jargon, Batman!

I don't know the first thing about molding plastic, but my untrained eye sees painful edges on these models. Do be sure your final product is a bit more round where the bead would go, if only to make it more comfortable in your hands.

I was debating going the beaded route or not. I think i am going to throw a bead on my next revised putter drawing.

Picture a Zone/calssic roc/xd/sinus profile with a rhino thumbtrack but with the top profile like an aviar only thinner.

I have done a bit of work in this area, and your gonna need a 3 piece tool with a large ejector pin(thats what causes the stamp on the back of the disc and is also the injection point).

becareful with a draft angle of less than 3 degrees unless you intend to polish or chrome plate your prototype tooling. You will also need to consider the shutoff to prevent flashing. check the PDGA standards for disc design online and the Gateway website, lots and lots of great info there.

you should be able to produce a polyurtethane resin prototype with very little difficulty, look into vaccume casting.... you will beable to turn a profile to generate a rigid disc, then you can create your silicone moulds and cast a flexible resin in there....

as for the designs, have a look at the latest innova catalogue and the discraft resources section to see more disc profiles.

i tried to post a pic of the tooling i modeled up but with no luck i htink..... ah no there it is!! below!

Attachments

• photo view mould.jpg
    photo view mould.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 27
Thank you for the info.

I am consulting people i know currently to help me with my designs.

I will post 2 new profiles as soon as i am done with them.

New putter profile.

I was using rim depth dimensions off of a classic roc and it makes the flight plate seem really thick!
Anyone else notice that?

Classic Roc/Zone meets, Aviar meets, Rhyno.

Profileforputter.jpg

I have done a bit of work in this area, and your gonna need a 3 piece tool with a large ejector pin(thats what causes the stamp on the back of the disc and is also the injection point).

If you could show me a picture of the actual tool, that would be much appreciated! I just can't see how you can fit the ejector housing and all of the hydraulic lines on the A plate without having a sprue that is 10 inches long.

without having a sprue that is 10 inches long.

Perhaps with a single hot tip? Adds ~$3K to the cost of the tool (if you go with DME or similar brand)

This would also leave a very small gate vestige. And could also be placed inside the core.

Latest posts