• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf at our New Festival? Phases of the Moon!

Mixed Bag Madness

Birdie Member
http://phasesofthemoonfestival.com/

This is literally right down the road from my house and is going to be one of the best festivals of this year. String Cheese Incident is rumored to headline too! They just added Innova and Explore Dic Golf as sponsors. The land that this is going to be hosted on is pristine and I've already got my local parks and rec on board with building a course around here. So do any of the locals on here have any inside information about anything going on at this festival?

sounds like a PBR, skinny jeans, and blocky 80's sunglasses kinda festival

You obviously didn't read the lineup. Old school allda way. Panic ,TTB, Leftover Salmon,w bill payne from Little feat, Leon Russell etc. Nice try troll. Maybe you could add some pertinent information to the conversation. Does that **** look like Coachella? I don't think so. Don't hate the MAJOR players! Come and have a good time.:p

A) it looks like a pretty sweet lineup, but I'm not sure about groundbreaking.
B) getting bent outta shape and hurling vague insults because no one blows up your thread on a Friday afternoon is silly and unproductive.

I guess no one has any interest in participating in a groundbreaking festival event. Have fun arguing about foot faults I guess.......:doh: Custies....lol

You're asking about a niche festival in its inaugural year, not starting until September at a very specific location on a fairly recently dead board for what is already a niche sport on valentine's day when many of us are spending time with our significant others.

And "Custies"....really?

Most of us are content to read something, realize we cannot contribute and then pass it over. Congratulations on your trolling.

Last edited:
There are already festivals that incorporate disc golf, both officially and otherwise. As far as what will be going on:
Soft drug use
HPV
fart/beard comparisons
The typical music festival stuff. Just keep in mind that the hottness factor of any girls will go down 20% daily due to the logistics of camping. From what I hear, The EF festival in WI( I think) is more of a party atmosphere, and they do blacklight/glow disc.

I've heard of Widespread Panic .... aaaaand that's it from that lineup :\

Well this "promotional" thread started well.... cutesie.... lulz

Best of luck with the festival bro, it actually looks like a good lineup....

That is the same weekend of the Ledgestone Ins. A-tier in Morton and Pekin. Only 2 hrs from this festival so probably won't get too many from Peoria area.

I do hope you have a good turnout and it goes well.

Yeah, Phil or Bobby would be sweet. This is one of the best line-ups I've seen for a while.

Sounds sweet. Electric Forest in Michigan incorporated disc golf in years past I believe.

I love string cheese. We had EOTO play at the venue I worked at last year.

Solid lineup, if it's for real. If they can nail down ABB and Bobby and Phil, sounds like one of the better shows of the year. SCI plays a 3 day stretch at Horning's Hideout every summer. Good luck throwing the golf in to the mix.

There are already festivals that incorporate disc golf, both officially and otherwise. As far as what will be going on:
Soft drug use
HPV
fart/beard comparisons
The typical music festival stuff. Just keep in mind that the hottness factor of any girls will go down 20% daily due to the logistics of camping. From what I hear, The EF festival in WI( I think) is more of a party atmosphere, and they do blacklight/glow disc.

Don't forget a healthy dose of hepatitis! ;)

Looks like a good line-up. Who is TTB? (or was that supposed to be TAB?)

:DThanks for the positive vibes. Hopin we nail down Allman Brothers prob gonna b their last year and Phil or Bobby since they're all playing Locken the weekend before. Good times. :D

Says the guy calling people custies.....

:wall:

"2003-09-20 Austin, TX – Stubb's - lots of anticipation for this gig---actually it was 2 gigs. i felt like it was gonna take a magic trick to live up to our expectations. lots of music around austin on this weekend, it's sort of an honor to be playing there on such a heavy weekend of music. we had a night off in town and my friend kwanzaa and i had a nice dinner across the street from stubb's and listened to the mediocre white sounds of string cheese incident wafting through the air like a nasty fart."

- dean ween's tour diary

custie?

wooks are crustie

Latest posts