• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf bag with speakers?!?!?!

Somebody on here, I believe rikardob (don't know if he's active anymore), had an awesome GB Kong that he put some sweet speakers into. They were water resistant and even came with an amp. I've been meaning to do the same thing to my Silverback once I get it. I'll have to send him a PM to see if I can get him back here for a little guidance.

If I'm not mistaken dude got the speakers and amp from an old Osirus backpack.

I had one rigged up for a while with a tiny portable radio strapped to the bag. Had an aux cable input so I could use my iPod with it

Now I want to buy a bunch of them and give them out to my friends as presents....and then road trip to Michigan:)

For CASUAL rounds it could be nice. Its better than someone with their phone speaker all the way up trying to listen to music. It gets all distorted and sounds retarded.

As long as the musical taste amongst a group is the same.

I vote good idea for non serious rounds.

A friend of mine has small iPod speakers in his bag and has it on all the time when we are out shooting rounds. It has never bothered me or anyone else we play with, and outside 15ft you can barely hear it. He was asked to turn it off at a tourney so he quit and left. I might like having tunes while playing, but I understand that in a tourney headphones would be more considerate.

I would definately never use this in a tourney...but only the most casual rounds where I'm just taking a few discs anyway...

i have one and its a nice bag but the speakers are nice if your listening to mellow music and if you turn it up to loud the bass sounds really bad and that makes the whole thing sound bad but its a nice bag either way

Please dont. I dont wanna listen to your music when im trying to putt.

Seriously? You're going to be that guy?

I AM that guy.
I don't want to listen to someone else's bad music played badly through some bad speakers.
I have never played with anyone who had one of these, but I have played in the same area and they are not only distracting but aggravating.
Like I said, bad music played badly through bad speakers.
Yuuuuck!!

I AM that guy.
I don't want to listen to someone else's bad music played badly through some bad speakers.
I have never played with anyone who had one of these, but I have played in the same area and they are not only distracting but aggravating.
Like I said, bad music played badly through bad speakers.
Yuuuuck!!

Well hello Mr. Negativity! What would you do if you were sitting ina tee box waiting and someone popped on a tune that you did happen to like? Or are you just not a fan of music? OR...is your musical taste so refined and complex that the majority of common folk do not have the mental capacity to either grasp or appreciate whatever type of music that you deem quality?

Distracting? Agravating? More distracting than the sound of passing traffic? More aggrevating than conversation on the course, including celebrations?

So what, you have to play in some completely silent, sterile disc golf environment or else it just messes with your game too much and there's just too much money on the line to mess around?

I'm assuming you play at a private club, where you have to pay in order to play, and that this is strictly against the rules of your golf club? In my area, most of the courses are in public areas and parks so people can pretty much do whatever they want from picnicing on the course or whatever...so I don't think a little bit of music is really going to hurt anybody...sorry to get your panties all ruffled up though....

Personally I like music for solo rounds, other than that I'd rather talk to the people I'm with.

I'll have my iPod with me already at the tourney this weekend, so maybe I'll carry it with me...actually I'll already be carrying my iPod touch so maybe I'll just bring the headphones...

We'll see.

\/\/

I tried listening to music during rounds, but I couldn't stand it. I'd much rather listen to the surroundings, especially on a nice wooded course.

Latest posts