• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf clothes

skinner21

* Ace Member *
I was wondering what most players wear out on the course. Standard cotton t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes? Or are you more of a sweat-wicking under armor type with hiking shoes?

for me it's mesh shorts, tall socks to keep the stickers and poison ivy at bay and tennis shoes. :cool:

But lately I have been thinking about about picking up some new shoes, at least. My ankles aren't the strongest so I was thinking some hiking boots, but I wonder if the high tops will mess me up.

so if you wear boots or hiking shoes, do you go high top or low top? What do you look for in a disc golf shoe or boot? What about you other appearel? :confused:

Summer time; t-shirt more than likely a tie dye, loose fitting athletic shorts, New Balance model 622 with lightweight cotton socks. As it cools off the layers start piling on. Bandana

Dead of winter: Military issue polypro long johns, long sleeved t shirt, thick but loose fitting polar fleece sweats. polypro sock liners, polypro or wool outer socks, thinsulate lined Dunham hunting boots, fairly water proof. Military issue wool glove liners with military issue leather glove shell. But I go without gloves at least on my throwing hand as long as I can stand it. A Sabres polypro knit hat and sometimes a polar fleece scarf. As long as the windchill is not to far below zero it keeps me warm enough.

Spring and fall some appropriate combination of the above.

Since I moved to Texas, I've stayed away from the cotton shirts when I play. In CA, not such a problem. The polyester shirts are nice because they don't weigh down/constrict once they get soaked. Some offer UV protection. I tend to like colored shirts because white get stained/dirty from backpack straps, dirt, dust, etc. I may tiedye the two white shirts that I have.

I wear high black nike dryfit socs for the same reason you list above. I have moved over to a new shoe, was a 5x wearer of Merrell Moabs, I've switched over to a mesh Merrell, the Pantheon. Mesh version about 1/2 as heavy as the Moab and a reinforced toe (which I tend to wear out quickly).

I usually wear some hiking (cargo) shorts from REI. Although toying with the idea of moving to wicking (basketball style) shorts as well.

Moisture wicking shirt from either Prana, Icebreaker or Smartwool.

Shorts that are comfortable. Regular fabric if the skies are clear, quick drying fabric if they're threatening.

Smartwool socks (running or trail running models).

Salomon XA Comp 3 GTX for shoes. They're waterproof but don't get too hot, and I love how the quicklaces never come loose or untied and tuck away easily under the tongue so they're never in the way.

Always have my trusty Brewers cap on my head for luck.

Also carry a rolled up Mountain Hardwear rain shell in the bag just in case the Colorado weather decides to act up unexpectedly.

I used to hiking quite a bit (Eagle Scout) So I have some old hiking boots, but I hesitate to wear them as I feel they are bulky and will restrict my motion. What are these Merrell's like and are they expensive?

I have a bunch of Clima-cool and moisture wicking shirts that I wear in the summer. Standard khaki shorts and a pair of Merrells. I have the Pivots on right now.

31fmmLUSb3L._AA280_.jpg

Winter I'll be wearing the Moab Gortex mids.

1089935.jpg

Summertime, usually some microfiber golf shorts (what I'm usually wearing anyway), and either a cotton t-shirt or, more often these days, a polo-type shirt with a moisture-wicking inner layer. With the heat and humidity around here, I find the wicking polos much more comfortable for a full round or two than a t-shirt that's completely saturated with sweat after a few holes.

Given the terrain of my home course, especially the number of places where I have to hike up or down relatively steep slopes that are often bare dirt with loose rocks, acorns, twigs, etc., and lots of little holes and such, and my weakish ankles, I almost always wear a pair of New Balance 1201 mid-rise hiking boots with crew-length boot socks. I got the 1201s as a somewhat lighter, more breathable, but still supportive, alternative to the NB 977s that have served me well for a couple of years. I've liked the features and look of several hiking shoes from Merrell, Keen, Salomon, and others, but most aren't available in wider widths (essential for my feet), while the NB shoes are (I got the 977s originally because I knew that they were made on the same last as an older pair of low-rise NB 641 trail shoes I had). I never had any problems with the 977s, but the first couple of times I wore the 1201s, which rise a bit higher on the ankle, I got some bruising of my leg at the top; once I wore them a bit more and broke them in, that hasn't been a problem again.

In the cooler months, I'll usually wear a pair of old khaki pants, the 977s instead of the 1201s, and a long-sleeved t-shirt or a t-shirt and a henley or other pullover, plus a fleece pullover on the colder days. Rarely need more than that around here.

i prefer playing in the nude...the poison ivy can be a b!tch at times, but you get used to it after a while....i would have to say the most distracting part is when i have to use my straddle putt

i prefer playing in the nude...the poison ivy can be a b!tch at times, but you get used to it after a while....i would have to say the most distracting part is when i have to use my straddle putt

the straddle putt in the whole reason I wear my bannana hammock on the course!

I saw a few dudes in kilts playing Johnny Roberts the other day. My buddy turns to me while we teeing off and says "note to self, do not watch guys in kilts teeing off."

most of the time i wear thin white tees(so you can see my pepperoni nips) but i actually prefer the way the sleaves are sewn on the wicking shirts , as i dont have to keep jacking with my sleaves to make sure it wont affect my throw. For shoes i like indoor,turf,or practice soccer shoes for their grip , i just cant throw good in boots .

most of the time i wear thin white tees(so you can see my pepperoni nips) but i actually prefer the way the sleaves are sewn on the wicking shirts , as i dont have to keep jacking with my sleaves to make sure it wont affect my throw. For shoes i like indoor,turf,or practice soccer shoes for their grip , i just cant throw good in boots .

Pepperoni Nips...:(

I saw a few dudes in kilts playing Johnny Roberts the other day. My buddy turns to me while we teeing off and says "note to self, do not watch guys in kilts teeing off."

Is that where Brandon Marshall went when he got kicked out of training camp for the day?

Is that where Brandon Marshall went when he got kicked out of training camp for the day?

I think he went to go beat some woman... ohhh bad taste? Maybe? I am worried about my Broncos this year....

Tell me about it. Somehow the Bears ended up with a top notch QB :eek::D

GO BEARS! :p

wait a minute, did my thread just get jacked?

Back on track now. I wear UA long sleeve loose, jeans, Moabs and a Tilley T-4 hat because I get skin cancers - basal and squamous.

I wear my Merrel Moabs, low black moisture wicking socks (my feet get hot, and long socks bother me way too much, I'd rather get scratched by briars), cargo shorts and a 50/50 blend t-shirt.

Latest posts