• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf has made me better at...

goosefraba1

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I have been thinking lately of how DG can translate into other hobbies/habits/thoughts. I know that I do this with all other sports and hobbies that I come across. Anywho, DG has made me better at:

1. Towel fights. My wife made the mistake of starting a towel fight with me at Thanksgiving dinner. She slapped me with it several times... and then I got my own small kitchen towel. With one snap, I deafened all ears in the kitchen, left a red mark on her butt, and won the towel fight :D.

2. Opening doors. The rhbh that I have been using is about the same motion in the pull as opening a door. I have to think that my lats are in better shape now because doors that I struggled with before are no match for me now.

3. Dreaming. I used to have boring dreams. Now I dream about dominating (ok maybe just playing mediocre) at the likes of Holler in the Hills and Flip City. Also, I go into a trance on long drives where I envision a giant DG course on the tops of hills and such.

What about y'all.... anybody see DG translating into other aspects of their life.

You're better at opening doors lololol that's awesome.

DG has made me better at exploring and enjoying nature, that's for sure. The few courses I've traveled to play made it so easy to get out in the sun and in the woods this past summer. It's way different than going out to play baseball, hockey, soccer, even ultimate. Trees, woot!

Disc golf has made me better at ball golf cause now I don't play ball golf anymore so I don't suck at it thus making me better.:D

it brought my dart game up a level for sure. i added a little weight transfer and applied some putting techniques to my throwing style. :thmbup:

same with bags (cornhole/bag toss w/e). the focus that i've developed during putting practice has carried over to almost every other stand and deliver game i play. bocci ball... horsheshoes... beer drinking

Disc golf has actually made me better at a lot of things.

I've been able to shake people's hands that are on my left from longer distances than before. A longer reach back in disc golf is primarily where this skill has come from. Now I don't have to be right in front of someone to shake their hand. I can be a few feet away and incorporate a reach back to extend my hand father.

I am meeting more people using this technique.

I've been able to shake people's hands that are on my left from longer distances than before. A longer reach back in disc golf is primarily where this skill has come from. Now I don't have to be right in front of someone to shake their hand. I can be a few feet away and incorporate a reach back to extend my hand father.

I am meeting more people using this technique.
Hahahahaha loving this thread

Due to my forehand proficiencies, I've become a much better rock skipper. I look for pearly, understable pebbles and release them with just a little bit of hyzer for great glide between bounces on the water. Unless there's a headwind, then I look for beefy pebbles that won't turnover.

Due to my forehand proficiencies, I've become a much better rock skipper. I look for pearly, understable pebbles and release them with just a little bit of hyzer for great glide between bounces on the water. Unless there's a headwind, then I look for beefy pebbles that won't turnover.

LMAO... I did this same exact thing when we were at Lake Michigan.

I never played baseball or football in school and used to be the guy on the beach who sucked at playing catch with either. With 4 years of tommys, thumbers, and forehand rollers I can now launch either with accuracy. This might have a little to do with P90X, but I think it's more to do with DG.

Being able to tell how far a certain landmark is, whether it be 200ft or 50ft, I have a better grasp on distance.

Life. Disc golf has made me better at life.

First time I've ever worked relentlessly at improving myself, and it's translated to my everyday life.

Latest posts