• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf in german game show

Smigles

* Ace Member *
So there is this german game show called "Schlag den Raab" (= Beat Raab). Raab is the name of the host of the show. One contestant plays 15 different games against the host and if he beats the host, then he gets a million Euros. The games are different every show.

Well, yesterday they played a disc golf putting game. It was terrible, they called it Frisbee golf. It was on a portable basket and the discs they used certainly were not putters.

But still, in the end, it's airtime for disc golf in a main time german TV show. 3+ million viewers.

Here's the link.

A MILLION Euros? Wow

Sounds like great exposure for our game, even though it could have been better.

A MILLION Euros? Wow

Sounds like great exposure for our game, even though it could have been better.

The prize money is 0.5 million, and if the host wins they add another 0.5 for every show trough the year. I think the highest win so far was 2.5 millions. The host is quite good, they made over 50 shows so far and he wins like 75% of the shows.

It's a very popular show and yes, great exposure.

Tried to watch the whole thing, but even as a disc golfer, 20 minutes of watching two guys putt poorly is boring.

Highlight was 21:30. How far do you think the "3" was? Dude almost nailed 2 in a row. I was actually impressed how fast they both picked it up...but I did have to skip ahead a few times. It was also funny when dude got upset and said that other dude was distracting him, and he made him move out of his periphery.

What's funny is that the contestant made his very first putt. I had high hopes, but he never really got it going.

The 3 circle looked to be at least 30 feet, but the camera may be deceiving.

Tried to watch the whole thing, but even as a disc golfer, 20 minutes of watching two guys putt poorly is boring.

Yeah well i can understand^^ The excitement in the show is more about playing stupid games for a lot of money. Not so much about their putting skills. It happens often that the producers bring in games that make the contestants look absolutely clueless :D

About the distances: I didnt actually watch the entire show. Checked the video, they dont mention the distances of the points.

I just watched the one where they were labeling cans. I'm assuming Stefan couldn't believe he missed the one can, and lost because of it. Pretty cool show. From the YouTube thumbnails, it looks like they do all kinds of stuff, some more exciting than others.

This format will definitely make its way to the states. If a briefcase show can succeed, I don't see how this wouldn't.

I agree, especially with the free discs banks give away with a new checking account opened. :|

I wonder if I can get them in the in the weights and plastics I want... say 180g Ti or maybe even G*...
Is PDGA approval pending? :rolleyes:

What the heck was all the blabber about in the first almost 3 1/2 minutes of the show? I thought they were never going to get around to throwing the dang Frisbees. And yes those thing definitely were frisbees.

What the heck was all the blabber about in the first almost 3 1/2 minutes of the show? I thought they were never going to get around to throwing the dang Frisbees. And yes those thing definitely were frisbees.

They were going over the scoring, how to throw, how many throws they each got...etc.

My German is a little rusty (or non-existent), but that's what I assume.

Last edited:

Latest posts