• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on Ball Golf Courses - Master List

Verdugo Hills in Los Angeles.

Disc Golf saved that golf course. It can work really well! They put the baskets off the greens onto the rough for more challenging shots. Even tee pads are placed all over the place for multiple shot selections.

Pine Oaks in Ocala, FL has been very successful, but they converted a small 9-hole executive ball golf course into a permanent 24-hole DG course and still have their primary 18-hole ball golf course on the other side of the property as you drive in so they are completely separate.

For me and a friend to drive up there and rent a golf cart and play 24-holes, it costs approximately $12.. Can't remember exact price off the top of my head, but it was very reasonable and the DG course is decent.. A little wide open and heavily favoring those with big arms, but otherwise a fun course and they keep the grass mowed, at least the times I've been.

The big Ocala annual DG tournament (Silver Springs Shootout) is this upcoming weekend actually. I've played in it the last 2 years but had to skip it this year unfortunately. They held a "ball & chain" tourney recently as well where everyone played 9-holes of ball golf and then 24 holes of DG. Sounds like it was a lot of fun from the chatter on their club facebook page.

The list I had is below. It hasn't been updated in months.

I designed Fort Snelling and Wirth Par 3 and helped Chuck Kennedy with Bulldog Run. All three are still going after several years. Al three are the shared fairway types.

What I've learned is that each course works differently. There are maybe three things that seem constant:
1. Greens are out of bounds and can't even be crossed by disc golfers between holes.
2. Either play the same fairways, or stay completely apart (in time or space).
3. A golf course needs to be very close to failing before it should consider disc golf. However, about 1 out of 4 are there already.

I put two disc golf holes per golf hole to keep the speed of play similar. That may not work everywhere.

At both Fort Snelling and Wirth Par 3 the groups of disc golfers get in line with the groups of golfers at the first tee. If there is ever a line. At Fort Snelling, the disc golfers can make a tee time on weekends. It has the same priority as the golf tee times, but they only charge you the disc golf rate if you don't show up for it.

Golf is only $11 and $13 per 9, and carts are$8 a seat.

Wirth Par 3 (the golf part) is a very short golf course for beginners. They let the disc golfers sail on through. A sign even says they have priority. Also, the holes are short enough that golfers must wait for other golfers to get off the green. The golfers are bad enough at putting that the disc golfers can play the two holes between the tee and the green before the golfers waiting on the tee can go.

At Fort Snelling, the golfers are better and can hit farther. There, the golfers tee off first and hit the ball all the way past the first disc golf basket. The golf holes are long enough that golfers can tee off before the group ahead gets off the green. So, it's the disc golfers that make sure they are out of the way.

At both courses, disc golfers usually only interact with a group of golfers on about one or two holes before the groups drift apart. Disc golfers can get carts at the same rates as golfers. No one gets them for Wirth Par 3 (because some holes are in the woods) but using them at Fort Snelling is a blast.

Both courses have indoor bathrooms, a clubhouse with snacks and beer, port-a-potties on the course and free ice water at some tees. $45 season passes with your picture on them. Also, in fall after the golfers hibernate sometimes they'll open the course up to disc golfers only - for free.

There's a lot more. It would be worth the investment to hire to me come out there.

Code:
Amana Colonies Golf Course: 18 Holes in Amana, IA. On the golf course. (Events)
Bobby Jones Golf Complex: 18 Holes in Sarasota, FL. On former golf course, across from golf course.. (Events)
Bowden Golf Course: 9 Holes in Macon, GA. On former executive 9-hole inside the 18-hole golf course. (Open)
Bulldog Run: 9 Holes in Plainview, MN. On the golf course. (Open)
Bushman DGC: 9 Holes in Nashville, IN. On former golf course. (Closed)
Cedar Beach: 18 Holes in Babylon, NY. On the golf course. (Open)
Crestwood: 18 Holes in Denmark, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
DeBell Disc Golf Course: 9 Holes in Burbank, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Dineen: 18 Holes in Milwaukee, WI. On former golf course. (Open)
Dunedin Golf Club: 18 Holes in Dunedin, FL. On the golf course. (Closed)
Echo Hills: ? Holes in Hemet, CA. On the golf course. (Closed)
Ed Austin Park (Fore Palms DGC): 24 Holes in Jacksonville, FL. On former golf course. (Open)
Edgebrook: 18 Holes in Chicago, IL. On the golf course. (Open)
Edgewater Park: 18 Holes in Albert Lee, MN. On former golf course. (Open)
Emerald Isle: 18 Holes in Oceanside, CA. On the golf course. (Closed)
Emporia Country Club: 18 Holes in Emporia, KS. On the golf course. (Events)
Emporia Municipal Golf Course: 18 Holes in Emporia, KS. On the golf course. (Events)
Fiddler's Creek Golf Center: 23 Holes in Hayward, WI. Adjacent to golf. (Open)
Fontenelle Park: TBD Holes in Omaha, NE. On former golf course. (Future)
Forest Hills Disc Golf & Country Club: 18 Holes in Holiday, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
Fort Riley: 18 Holes in Fort Riley, KS. On former golf course. (Open)
Fort Snelling: 18 Holes in Minneapolis, MN. On the golf course. (Open)
Gateway Hills Park (Carroll Marty DGC): 18 Holes in Ames, IA. On former golf course. (Open)
Goat Hill: 18 Holes in Oceanside, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Greenfield Lakes: 36 Holes in Golbert, AZ. On the golf course. (Open)
Groves Park: 18 Holes in Oak Ridge, TN. On former golf course. (Open)
Harbour View Golf Complex: 18 Holes in Little River, SC. On the golf course. (Closed)
Highbridge Hills: 54 Holes in Highbridge, WI. On incompleted course. (Open)
Hiirosen Disc Golf Park: 18 Holes in Oulu, Finland. On former golf course. (Open)
Indian Springs: 18 Holes in Trafalgar, IN. On the golf course. (Open)
Irish Waters: 18 Holes in Freedom, WI. On the golf course. (Seasonal)
Jenny Wiley State Resort Park: 18 Holes in Prestonsburg, KY. On former golf course. (Closed)
Kapalua Adventures: 27 Holes in Maui, HI. On a couple of former golf holes. (Open)
Lake Cumberland: 18 Holes in Somerset, KY. On former golf course. (Open)
Lake Murray Golf Center: 9 Holes in Chapin, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
Lava Creek DGC: 18 Holes in Paradise, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Little Bighorn Golf Club: 18 Holes in Pierceton, IN. Adjacent to golf. (Open)
Lutz Executive DGC: 18 Holes in Lutz, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
McFarland Park: 18 Holes in Florence, AL. On former golf course. (Open)
Milo McIver State Park (Riverbend DGC): 27 Holes in Estacada, OR. On incompleted course. (Open)
Mulligan Springs: 10 Holes in Suffield/Kent, OH. On the golf course. (Open)
Myerlee Country Club: 18 Holes in Fort Myers, FL. On the golf course. (Seasonal)
Nasu Highlands Golf Club: 18 Holes in Tochigi, Japan. On the golf course. (Events)
Nelson Park: 18 Holes in Decatur, IL. On former golf course. (Open)
Old English: 18 Holes in English, IN. On the golf course. (Closed)
Par 401: 18 Holes in Raleigh, NC. On the golf course. (Events)
Pendaries Village DGC: 18 Holes in Rociada, NM. On the golf course. (Open)
Petersham Country Club: 18 Holes in Petersham, MA. On the golf course. (Open)
Pine Oaks: 24 Holes in Ocala, FL. On former golf course. (Open)
Pine View: 9 Holes in Monticello, IN. On the golf course. (Open)
Pines Hills: 18 Holes in Ottawa, IL. On the golf course. (Open)
Pleasant Hill DGC: 18 Holes in Scarborough, ME. On part of former golf course. (Open)
Poland Spring Resort: 9 Holes in Poland, ME. Adjacent to golf. (Open)
Portland Meadows: 18 Holes in Portland, OR. On the golf course. (Events)
River Chase: 18 Holes in Union, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
Riverview: 9 Holes in Bowling Green, KY. On the golf course. (Closed)
Rock Springs Ridge: 36 Holes in Apopka, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
Russian Jack Springs: 9 Holes in Anchorage, AK. On the golf course. (Open)
Samoset Resort: 9 Holes in Rockport, ME. On a couple of former golf holes. (Open)
Sanford Municipal Golf Course: 18 Holes in Sanford, NC. On the golf course. (Events)
Sea Pines Golf Resort: 9 Holes in Los Osos, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Skyline Golf Course: 18 Holes in Cathlamet, WA. On the golf course. (Open)
Sleepy Hollow: 18 Holes in Des Moines, IA. On former golf course, and ski hill. (Open)
Splat Hill DGC: 18 Holes in Browns Valley, CA. On the golf course. (Events)
Spring Valley DGC: 28 Holes in Spring, TX. On the golf course. (Open)
Sun Valley: 9 Holes in La Mesa, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
The Greens at Hamilton Run: 9 Holes in Hagerstown, MD. On the golf course. (Part Time)
The LINKS at Quail Valley: 18 Holes in Missouri City, TX. On the golf course. (Closed)
The Ponds at Lakeshore: 28 Holes in Ypsilanti, MI. On former golf course. (Open)
The Quarry Golf Course: 9 Holes in Brooksville, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
Timberlink: 18 Holes in Ligonier, PA. On the golf course. (Open)
Trenton Street Golf: 18 Holes in West Monroe, LA. On the golf course. (Open)
Tupelo Bay: 9 Holes in Myrtle Beach, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
UNC DGC: 18 Holes in Chapel Hill, NC. On former golf course. (Open)
University of Utah: 18 Holes in Salt Lake City, UT. On former golf course. (Open)
Van Buren Golf Center: 22 Holes in Riverside, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Verdugo Hills: 18 Holes in Tujenga, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Westerly Winds: 9 Holes in Westbrook, ME. On former golf course. (Closed)
White Oak Park: 18 Holes in Dallas, GA. On former golf course. (Open)
Wirth Par 3: 18 Holes in Minneapolis, MN. On the golf course. (Open)

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5867&mode=hi

Local golf course here has a permanent course on it along side the golf holes. They also host putting leagues during the winter. They actually hold a 3 sport tournament there every once in a while where you bowl, golf, and disc golf. I have yet to play but I have heard it is a good time.
(Not a forum guru sorry about link)

Verdugo Hills

Verdugo Hills has golfers and disc golfers playing side by side and does it very well. Great course, its lit until 9:30pm AND there is a bar n grill after the front 9 (or after your round). Cool place

Thanks Steve, I was too lazy to go through my courses played list again to find the 10 or so I know I've played, I got them all on your list the last time around.

The list I had is below. It hasn't been updated in months...

This is FANTASTIC. Thank you, Steve, for providing this list and the information.

I'm meeting with the course's PGA coordinator tomorrow and will be armed with plenty of information thanks to you and everyone else in this thread.

Wish me luck!

Ditto on Verdugo Hills DGC. I also played a tournament at Sun Valley in La Mesa down in San Diego County but Verdugo is way better. Sun Valley was a little beat up but Verdugo has more interesting holes and is just nicer. Verdugo also has an awesome bar & grill with a couple of big screens and a really cozy picnic area in the shade. Their burgers are pretty epic and their happy hour is good. However, they used to sell beer in tall boys along with the draft beer at their bar but they stopped selling the tall boys a while ago, I think. The weekly there on Monday nights is very good, also. The competition is good, the ace pool always seems to be gigantic and you can always catch a few series of the MNF game with a brew if you get there before the tournament starts. Last week the ace pool was ~$500 and only a few of their holes aren't reachable from the tee. Great little spot if you're in the western SGV, Glendale, Pas or NELA.

Nurmijärvi Golf Club, in Finland, set up a disc golf course on their Executive (par 3) course and they have had good experience.

I wonder, though, what kind of experience people have about DG courses on regular golf courses (par 3-5, 500-1500 ft/150-500 metres). How does it work, or does it? The reason I ask is that I want to work together with a local (Maastricht, Netherlands) ball golf club to set up a disc golf course.

Last edited:
Brooktrails golf course in Willits, CA has approved the installation of an 18 hole permanent disc golf course. It is an amazing place, with huge redwood trees, a lovely creek, and of course a beverage cart/cafe. Very cool people, excellent experience. Probably a 4 star DG course. Looking forward to playing it again!

Nurmijärvi Golf Club, in Finland, set up a disc golf course on their Executive (par 3) course and they have had good experience.

I wonder, though, what kind of experience people have about DG courses on regular golf courses (par 3-5, 500-1500 ft/150-500 metres). How does it work, or does it? The reason I ask is that I want to work together with a local (Maastricht, Netherlands) ball golf club to set up a disc golf course.

Is golf there like other parts of Europe, where you need proof from your local club of having a low enough handicap to be able to play?

I am running my second annual tourney on a golf course called The Golf Club at Camelot in Lomira, WI and they loved having us out there last year and I am hoping to double attendance to 50 this fall. This will likely be a once a year setup as long as I am running events . . . but I am hopeful that this could turn into a longer season like just the late fall.

As a funny aside, we are getting set for The Plaid Jacket here in Ottawa which is held on a ball golf course (temp disc golf course)

Last year, someone ran over one of the top guys entire DG bag with a golf cart, on the second hole of the tournament. His water bottle saved the discs but he was a little annoyed (read major pissed off)

funny stuff

Is golf there like other parts of Europe, where you need proof from your local club of having a low enough handicap to be able to play?

I don't know. Is that relevant?

I haven't made it across the border to try it out yet, but from using the map browser to find courses near home, I recently came across Whiskey Run in Port Colborne, ON, Canada. I may have to go try it out soon.