• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hilariously Bad Backhand Form, Please Advise

Feels like my lower body action is better but my upper body action got worse again lol

Your aren't landing in dynamic balance on front leg and it is collapsing and jerking. Note how unstable your front foot(and rest of body) is in your followthru/finish.

Screen Shot 2024-05-15 at 2.27.53 AM.png

Looks better, a little too heavy on the rear heel, or too light on the instep/ball of foot as your foot tends to slip.

Spectated the OTB Open on Friday (which was freakin' incredible). Got to throw a Tech Disc a couple of times. Sharing without further comment, don't think any input is necessary but just thought it was interesting.

HlShXRg.jpeg

wH2zdX5.jpeg

My double dragon isn't pretty...

Finally tried to start working on x-step

First one is one of the worst (and more common), second is one of the better ones.

Honestly went better than I thought it would.

Was able to get about 50 feet more distance than standstill with significantly less strain on the arm/shoulder, but of course the consistency was all over the place (but not as bad as I was expecting).

Main issues I notice are reaching back early, collapsing the plant leg, not getting sufficient can crush into the plant heel, rear foot turned back too far, not getting tall/balanced on top of the rear foot during the x-step.

Interestingly I seem to have less of an issue with the front shoulder opening early than I do with the standstill.

Last edited:
Hershyzer - bend your rear knee so you can stack your hip over the foot and turn further back in the setup. Looks like your rear leg is locked out and blocking you.
Screen Shot 2024-05-24 at 11.56.22 AM.png

DD - looks stiff and maybe trying to stride too far. Your feet are spinning out on the ground instead of resisting spinning.

Throw - looks like way too much stagger. Throw some pure hyzers and step opposite diagonal starting rear left tee and striding toward front right tee.

Latest posts