• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form in need of work both BH and FH

agorski49

I've been playing for a bit over a year now and getting more serious about my form.

BH:
Trying to get an air pop or a u motion out of my backhand and would appreciate some drills or tips.
Backhand

FH:
The forehand is a work in progress started throwing them about a month ago, but it was very consistent and reliable today on the course.
Forehand

You are trying to push too late with the rear leg which tips you over top. Note how Eagle's rear foot is unweighted and knee bent and eyes still back on disc, so he has shifted all pressure forward while still turned back.

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 4.35.16 AM.png

FH your x-step is backwards, really don't need to cross the feet and can do more of a shuffle hop.

I think this is getting closer to that later release point. I'm trying to tell my self not to start any arm action until I get that brace foot down.

You are starting from such a hard crouched position instead of being upright and relaxed.
Note how your vertical pattern is backwards and you extend your rear leg/knee tipping your pelvis/spine over.

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 1.07.44 AM.png

Last edited:
You are leaning back too much and trying to drive too late off the rear leg after planting front foot, instead of driving off rear leg before planting front foot.
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 1.17.36 AM.png

Latest posts