• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Questionnaire

cglasford

https://forms.gle/jH6KVugHAPRe8gbw9

Hey everyone, I have been having discussions with a couple content creators and other players that are curious to know more about the current trends and where things are headed for disc golf going forward.
I would greatly appreciated it if you would be willing to complete this short survey to help us get a snapshot of what's happening in disc golf headed into 2022. It is 30 multiple choice questions and should take you less than 5 minutes to complete. Please feel free to share this survey with anyone you know who plays disc golf. Thank you for your time!

***And yes I know DGC Forum is not one of the options. I apologize about that but this is my first time doing this and I actually found out about this forum because of someone pointing out I didn't list it as an option.

FWIW : questionnaire asks if we play in organized competitive events, and follows up asking which division.

None of the options were fir age protected divisions (e.g. Masters). Those of us who do play in 40+ age divisions,were basically forced to either skip that question, or enter a division we don't usually play in.

Depending on how many of "us old farts" complete your questionnaire, the results for that question could be a bit misleading.

It's your questionnaire. Do what you're gonna do with the data. I hope you find it useful.

Completed. Certainly some suggestions.

As a player, how do you primarily connect with other players?
-----Disc Golf Scene and Disc Golf Course Review are the only way I really connect with other players. These are not an option. I understand that the survey was made without them, but the survey is kind of pointless without them. They are two of the primary vehicles of player communication and contact. DGS is nearly the exclusive tournament and league communication tool in use in my state. This is a required question that has NO answer that applies to me.

Where do you hear about what's happening in disc golf? Select all that apply.
------Same here. DGCR and DGS have been around for years. They are the gold standard in disc golf communication. Again, DGS being nearly exclusive. Providing tournament and league notification and tools.

Would you be interested in a social media platform centered only on disc golf?
------Kind of a pointless question without consideration to this site in particular. I answered no, I don't see the ability to improve upon this platform.

What do you use to carry your discs while playing?
------Needs to be multiple choice. Many of us use multiple bags/carts. Dependent upon terrain, weather and travel. I have a glow bag as well.

What is your favorite disc golf coverage channel?
------I don't watch a ton of golf. I have no favorite, they are all fine. There is not option for ambivalence.

I hope the suggestions above are received in the constructive light that they are intended. Good luck with whatever venture you are undertaking. I suggest a bit of discovery and research would be a next (first) step.

Another consideration, add age protected to the divisions. And maybe where/who introduced you to disc golf.
Maybe for the next time you put together a survey.

FWIW : questionnaire asks if we play in organized competitive events, and follows up asking which division.

None of the options were fir age protected divisions (e.g. Masters). Those of us who do play in 40+ age divisions,were basically forced to either skip that question, or enter a division we don't usually play in.

Depending on how many of "us old farts" complete your questionnaire, the results for that question could be a bit misleading.

It's your questionnaire. Do what you're gonna do with the data. I hope you find it useful.

Old farts are advanced. We have no ratings cap on our divisions. You did not know you were an advanced player, huh? :p

Completed. Certainly some suggestions.

As a player, how do you primarily connect with other players?
-----Disc Golf Scene and Disc Golf Course Review are the only way I really connect with other players. These are not an option. I understand that the survey was made without them, but the survey is kind of pointless without them. They are two of the primary vehicles of player communication and contact. DGS is nearly the exclusive tournament and league communication tool in use in my state. This is a required question that has NO answer that applies to me.

Where do you hear about what's happening in disc golf? Select all that apply.
------Same here. DGCR and DGS have been around for years. They are the gold standard in disc golf communication. Again, DGS being nearly exclusive. Providing tournament and league notification and tools.

Would you be interested in a social media platform centered only on disc golf?
------Kind of a pointless question without consideration to this site in particular. I answered no, I don't see the ability to improve upon this platform.

What do you use to carry your discs while playing?
------Needs to be multiple choice. Many of us use multiple bags/carts. Dependent upon terrain, weather and travel. I have a glow bag as well.

What is your favorite disc golf coverage channel?
------I don't watch a ton of golf. I have no favorite, they are all fine. There is not option for ambivalence.

I hope the suggestions above are received in the constructive light that they are intended. Good luck with whatever venture you are undertaking. I suggest a bit of discovery and research would be a next (first) step.

Thank you for the feedback, very much appreciate this. We will definitely take all of this into consideration on our follow up survey after reviewing the data from this survey. I apologize about not including this site and DGS on the survey. I have not used either of these sites for anything other than registering for a tournament with DGS. I personally don't use forums and only use Udisc as that is how all of our non-sanctioned tournaments and leagues are ran. I did have multiple other disc golfers review the survey before releasing but I guess we were all unaware of these options.

Too many questions requiring an answer without an applicable answer for me. Leaves the choice of answering bull**** or not filling it out- i elected to not fill out.

could you provide an example of what you consider a question without an applicable answer? We appreciate any feedback that will help us improve for the next go around.

Thanks

could you provide an example of what you consider a question without an applicable answer? We appreciate any feedback that will help us improve for the next go around.

Thanks

Several have been mentioned--here is another. The question about carrying discs--I use a DG specific bag (not a backpack). That is not a choice.

I, too was taking the questionnaire, but cannot submit unless you answer them all, and some are not answerable by me, so I quit as well.

Sorry, but the form is poorly designed. You should take it down now, affect the changes recommended here already before re-posting.

Every question needs an 'Other' choice with a fill in the blank
Every question needs an N/A
Many of the questions should have multiple choices allowed. I will not choose between the various coverage channels, I like different things about all of them. And appreciate all of them.

Several have been mentioned--here is another. The question about carrying discs--I use a DG specific bag (not a backpack). That is not a choice.

I, too was taking the questionnaire, but cannot submit unless you answer them all, and some are not answerable by me, so I quit as well.

Sorry, but the form is poorly designed. You should take it down now, affect the changes recommended here already before re-posting.

Every question needs an 'Other' choice with a fill in the blank
Every question needs an N/A
Many of the questions should have multiple choices allowed. I will not choose between the various coverage channels, I like different things about all of them. And appreciate all of them.

Thanks for the feedback and I will definitely consider everyone's feedback for the next one but I have 1,500 responses in 24 hours so I will not be taking it down.

One point/thought about the 'take it down, update, and repost' comment is that right now it is inaccurate for reasons provided by others. So you may have gotten 1500 responses in 24 hours....but how accurate are those responses? Are people's answers just the best available or actually accurate? If it isn't accurate.....how good is the survey?

Thanks for the feedback and I will definitely consider everyone's feedback for the next one but I have 1,500 responses in 24 hours so I will not be taking it down.

One point/thought about the 'take it down, update, and repost' comment is that right now it is inaccurate for reasons provided by others. So you may have gotten 1500 responses in 24 hours....but how accurate are those responses? Are people's answers just the best available or actually accurate? If it isn't accurate.....how good is the survey?

I know some of my answers weren't incredibly accurate. There were many where I was trying to pick the answer that most applied, but realized after looking it over that some of my answers technically contradict each other.

Also, there were a few questions may have been better used as a "select all that apply" option. Such as "Where do you primarily receive your DG news?" I receive my news wherever I see it first, but rarely go out of my way to try to find out what is going on.

I have updated some of the questions mentioned. if you care to you can retry. No survey is perfect and we need definitive answers not just a bunch of people to select all
https://forms.gle/UJWXC2mxkGEmD5v99

thanks

FWIW- This ain't the first disc golf questionnaire that's been dissected and unapologetically critiqued on DGCR. ;)

Please keep in mind that the feedback is genuinely meant to help create surveys that generate more accurate (and hopefully more useful) data. :)

FWIW- This ain't the first disc golf questionnaire that's been dissected and unapologetically critiqued on DGCR. ;)

Please keep in mind that the feedback is genuinely meant to help create surveys that generate more accurate (and hopefully more useful) data. :)

That's cool and I understand. the data point you guys are going after aren't really that critical to the survey's end goal so its not that big of an issue to update them. hopefully the updates will suffice but I will review this thread again before we drop the next one. you can't please everyone, especially on the internet.

You need to include those who have played 2 to 3 years. I lied and put 3 to 4 years; pretty sure I'll make it to three years in 8 months.

I spent a shore duty in the Navy as an Instructor always creating surveys. This type of survey you need to include multiple answers on a few of the questions, you should be looking for a large umbrella of feedback, not cornering your guest. Make them want to continue the survey, not turn away from it. Also, there was a question that should of included an answer the PDGA. If you make these corrections, IMPO your good to go for this type of survey.

Lol...testimony that this should have been the place to come first, for input. Also testimony to the vast, cauldron of bubbling knowledge that DGCR really is.

In life.....you don't know, what you don't know. :D

Latest posts