• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Questionnaire

That's cool and I understand. the data point you guys are going after aren't really that critical to the survey's end goal so its not that big of an issue to update them. hopefully the updates will suffice but I will review this thread again before we drop the next one. you can't please everyone, especially on the internet.

So what's the end goal?

Isn't the purpose of a survey to discover something new? I think what everybody is trying to tell you is changing up the questions and answers a bit could provide you with some potentially useful information.

The fact that my email is in a *required field on a Google form made me close out the survey IMMEDIATELY. Theres no need for that. If you want to make sure nobody remtakes the survey, post it on your website and require registration. As of now, my data is my data.

Thank you

Your email should not be required and you can definitely take it more than once if you want

Attachments

• 68CFBF51-AD1B-48A5-9EBA-193F2A0B6D77.jpg
    68CFBF51-AD1B-48A5-9EBA-193F2A0B6D77.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 7
I have updated most of the points on question. There will be a release when the allotted time period is closed. It's all important but a lot is secondary. There are multiple hypothesis in play

Honestly I knew nothing of this forum until after starting the survey a d someone pointing out I left it off and that I should post it there. He advised it was mostly an older crowd. Honestly it was write to solely survey the Twin Cities Disc Golf Facebook page which it is about 7,000 members. It wasn't until it started being shared all over the place on Facebook that I realized it was going to be bigger than that group and had to make changes. I'm personally going to do nothing with the data. It was originally my way of helping two buddies that do local Mn dg podcasts get some market data to work at formulating podcast topics. Now I have over 2000 responses in Leads than 36 hours. I'll leave it up for a week and see where we end up and go from there. As you Said you don't know what you don't know. I did have multiple disc golf buddies reviews before dropping it but I guess I should have had more. Thanks everyone

FWIW : questionnaire asks if we play in organized competitive events, and follows up asking which division.

None of the options were fir age protected divisions (e.g. Masters). Those of us who do play in 40+ age divisions,were basically forced to either skip that question, or enter a division we don't usually play in.

Depending on how many of "us old farts" complete your questionnaire, the results for that question could be a bit misleading.

It's your questionnaire. Do what you're gonna do with the data. I hope you find it useful.

Anecdotally Masters is consistently the most populated division in my leagues and tourneys.

Anecdotally Masters is consistently the most populated division in my leagues and tourneys.

That is interesting, where do you live? that is definitely not the case here in the TC metro area, at least not from my experience. It is absolutely Rec and Intermediate, then Novice and Advanced and then MPO based on the tournaments and leagues i've participated in

That is interesting, where do you live? that is definitely not the case here in the TC metro area, at least not from my experience. It is absolutely Rec and Intermediate, then Novice and Advanced and then MPO based on the tournaments and leagues i've participated in

Yeah, we have a pretty decent Masters scene in Detroit Metro, but certainly not predominant. Now that changes if you start to talk about course installation, TD roles, club membership, league coordinators, course maintenance, litter patrol......

Yeah, we have a pretty decent Masters scene in Detroit Metro, but certainly not predominant. Now that changes if you start to talk about course installation, TD roles, club membership, league coordinators, course maintenance, litter patrol......

Yeah its different here. there are no clubs, course maintenance and litter patrol is really handled by the Cities/land managers unless the course is private. They don't even want our help doing tree removal, mowing, etc as it is a liability and a threat to union jobs. Litter patrol is probably ok and i do it when I play. Leagues and tournaments are a mix but most of the guys are in their 30s some older.

The fact that my email is in a *required field on a Google form made me close out the survey IMMEDIATELY. Theres no need for that. If you want to make sure nobody remtakes the survey, post it on your website and require registration. As of now, my data is my data.

Thank you

You do not need to sign in but if you want auto save you do need to sign. Unfortunately I can't change that. That is a Google setting. You can continue with out doing anything or if you click the learn more you can select continue without signing in.

Attachments

• C481550A-D4BA-4747-88C6-2AA5FD25CA79.jpg
    C481550A-D4BA-4747-88C6-2AA5FD25CA79.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 6

Very interesting...Mississippi and Louisiana mostly, although it's often been the case in my North Texas minis too.

Very interesting...Mississippi and Louisiana mostly, although it's often been the case in my North Texas minis too.

Yeah we have a decent older crowd but most of them don't play in age protected divisions. Depending on the league we really don't offer that many options unless it is the KP league system which is our largest league group that operates across all of the metro area. The other leagues are smaller groups and usually only Am or Pro. None of them are sanctioned either. Tournaments are different. Before covid it was absolutely Advanced and then Intermediate and then Pro division for most players but since Covid the lower divisions have exploded here.

Thanks.

No surprises on some of the results.

I knew I prefer the Jomez coverage but apparently a pretty large majority of people who watch coverage would prefer to see the Jomez productions.

Jomez is the leader. They were the first with flight following. Then they started showing what disc/flight numbers the player is teeing off with and usually their distance and speed off the tee. Their commentators (Nate and Big Jerm....then Big Jerm and Uli) are enjoyable to listen to as they have great camaraderie.

I wish Jomez could get large enough to cover the FPO also.