• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Scorecards for iPhone - w/Free Promo Codes

Those are some great suggestions. To minimize setup time I skipped creating a wizard and from the feedback I've received, it sounds like that was a good decision.

Regarding renaming holes, that's doable, but could be tedious. As changing the name for one means you'd have to change the names for all of the following holes. Do you see it happening in some other way? If it is tedious, do you think it would be be used? I suppose it might be worth it when you can duplicate saved games.

I'll see what I can do with the sizing for fewer than 6 players. I'm pretty much locked in height wise do to showing 9 holes, but the width could be flexible.

Someone emailed me requesting an option to track the number of putts per hole, would anyone else find this useful too?

It also sounds like defaulting pars to 3 for new games would be good. Any objections? I'm thinking it would pre fill the first 18 and the rest would be blank so you wouldn't have to remove a lot of pars for a 19 or 20 hole course.

Keep the feedback coming, I'm very open to suggestions and requests.

zenn0913 said:
What's the chance you could make this for android?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I have no doubt someone will do it, but is unlikely to be me unless this app really takes off. :)
-d-

swel304 said:
I will continue to use this even if you don't do a thing to it, so I think that is the best endorsement I could give. Oh and I remember thinking it might be cool to double tap a grid square to automatically record par for that hole to further increase scoring.

I love it! Look for this in the next update!
-d-

dustinkirk said:
Regarding renaming holes, that's doable, but could be tedious. As changing the name for one means you'd have to change the names for all of the following holes. Do you see it happening in some other way? If it is tedious, do you think it would be be used? I suppose it might be worth it when you can duplicate saved games.
Yeah, all the subsequent renaming would be tedious, but for the rounds I have in mind I wouldn't have a problem doing it. It would be way better than sticking the alt-holes at the end and trying to remember that 19=A, 20=B, etc.. If there was a simple UI for *inserting* holes, that would get rid of a bunch of renaming... but this could be more confusing than it's worth.

dustinkirk said:
I'll see what I can do with the sizing for fewer than 6 players. I'm pretty much locked in height wise do to showing 9 holes, but the width could be flexible.
Speaking for myself, I have no problem ignoring unused columns, and don't see any real benefit to making the squares wider for foursomes. But then I do have skinny fingers.

dustinkirk said:
Someone emailed me requesting an option to track the number of putts per hole, would anyone else find this useful too?
No, not at all. I see this app as a scorecard, and nothing more. It adds up numbers for me. If I want to closely track my performance I will use an app that lets me record details of every shot. I wouldn't want to see the scorecard overloaded with that level of detail. That said, a single per-hole "note" field might be nice. It could be used to record an unusual number of putts on the hole, penalties incurred, pre-round walkthrough notes, etc.. Maybe if there ends up being a screen where the hole can be renamed, then this screen could also have the notes field?

dustinkirk said:
It also sounds like defaulting pars to 3 for new games would be good. Any objections? I'm thinking it would pre fill the first 18 and the rest would be blank so you wouldn't have to remove a lot of pars for a 19 or 20 hole course.
Default to 3 rather than blank would be cool. I kinda think that defaulting holes 19-27 to be blank would be more of a WTF than a timesaver for people though.

If par is set for a course then it would be nice to have a way to toggle between total score and par-relative.

dustinkirk said:
Keep the feedback coming, I'm very open to suggestions and requests.
The idea of double-tap to enter par is cool. Double-tap a blank score to change it to par, double-tap a par to change it back to blank? If you have this shortcut also available in the Par column, then there would be no reason to default 19-27 to blank.

:shock: Version 1.2 is now Live! :shock:

Thanks to the suggestions posted by swel304 and others on this forum, score entry in the app is blazingly fast!!! You have to try it out.

New Features
- Double tap an empty par to set it to 3
- Double tap an empty score to set it equal to the par value
- Duplicate any game to start a new game with the same hole count, pars, and title

Don't worry, there is more to come! Keep the feedback coming, and please spread the word. You guys rock!

Sweet I cant wait to try the new features tomorrow. I was just popping in to say I'm still using this, and pushing it to all my buddies. It really is the simplicity that makes this app so useful so don't muck it up with anything that doesn't need to be there, but I am excited to see this one grow. Thanks again for the great app and the chance to try it out for free.

Just to throw my 2 cents in here, please do not auto populate unplayed holes to 3. If you want to go the route make it an option you can turn on and off, I find it VERY easy to lose place of where I am when there's already #'s in every field.

Used v1.2 at this this past weekend's tourney to keep track of my own score and loved it. Great app. It was easier than tracking my score on a notecard, and made double-checking my score at the end of each round a breeze. No need to pre-populate the par column as the double-tap shortcut is fast and easy.

I noticed that it's possible to enter negative numbers for scores and pars, probably should make 0 (or "-") the lower limit.

Used the app yesterday it works amazingly well. I still use a very old iPhone 3G and a lot of the newer apps will either crash, hang, or take FOREVER to load. In fact in a lot of apps the phone can't even keep up with my typing but this app worked great. The interface is so simple, and it loads quickly. It is really handy. One thing that might be nice to add (and I think should be pretty easy) is an option or button to "end round" where it will tell you how many strokes over(or under) the course par you were, and maybe the ability to break it up into 9 hole blocks. i.e. -3 on the front 9 +1 on the back 9 -2 overall and the average number of strokes per hole. just some thoughts..but this is a great simple app...