• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, this looks legit. It would be sweet if you could find a way to have real discs, but I understand that's probably easier said than done. Hope the wait for iOS isn't much longer than for Android. I'll try to buy the app instead of finding a cracked copy for my Jailbroken iphone, no gaurantees though :D

Great captions so far! Thanks again for the support, it really does help to keep me going during the late night coding sessions.

are you using actual terrain data from the USGS?

No, but the terrain is based on heightmap data and generated on the fly so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch...

Dude, this looks legit. It would be sweet if you could find a way to have real discs, but I understand that's probably easier said than done. Hope the wait for iOS isn't much longer than for Android. I'll try to buy the app instead of finding a cracked copy for my Jailbroken iphone, no gaurantees though :D

My goal is to keep this game vendor agnostic since I know at least one of the big manufacturers has an exclusivity clause. So, out of the box, no, I don't think there will be real discs. That said, I do provide the ability to create your own discs and the engine is currently built on a system similar to what you would find at InFlight sooooooo you do the math...

As for platforms, I would love more than anything to release on Android and iOS at the same time. I've made sure that most of what I've developed will not be a difficult port to other platforms (Unity3d is a beautiful piece of software, btw) and the only thing holding me back at this point is licensing ($$$$) and the lack of devices to test on.

Oh and thanks for not stealing my software or at least trying not to do so. ;) You won't need to try hard though...

I plan on releasing this game for FREE. :eek:

I believe that I can provide enough value from in-game purchases so that those who enjoy the game won't mind paying a buck or two for some new courses or discs or ad-removal or whatever. As long as it provides some value to you, the player. And before anyone goes there, this will NOT be one of those freemium games that limits your free playtime (energy games) or stops you from playing just when you start enjoying the experience. They may dominate the top grossing mobile apps on the market but that's not really what I'm going for. I'd rather develop a solid game that can stand on it's own that you (hopefully) enjoy and wouldn't mind buying a course because you WANT to and not because you HAVE to. </MINI RANT>

Keep those captions coming! I may have been extremely sleep deprived when I thought it was uber hilarious last night but you have to put yourself in my shoes... I've played this game thousands of times (at least) and then all of a sudden... baskets everywhere!

Avery Jenkins dies and goes to disc golf Valhalla

"This course designer never had an ace so decided to up his chances"

Game looks sick. Awesome work and thanks for deciding to make it free. Love forward to the video.

"Par 3, 377 feet? Definitely a mid-range for me. My disc will choose the correct basket."

Highlight Reel

Here's a little highlight reel from the game. It's not exactly the gameplay preview I was hoping for... I found that I need to hone my currently non-existent video capture/editing skills before I get into the details. Hope this holds you over for the time being.

Don't forget to submit a caption for the previous screenshot for your chance to name and configure your own disc that will be included in the game!

Screen captures are of the Unity3d editor again. Content subject to change or something like that. Enjoy!

When you said, 'It's the Mecca of disc golf', this is not what I had in mind.

Just stopping in with an updated version of the latest video. All criticism and comments are welcome. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.