• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

How does everyone play holes 7 and 9 at Owlwood. They really kick my ass.

7 is the left-hand finish one right? I aim a little left and just high enough to clear the earlier brush with a L/G Ballista. Whether I use a lot of hyzer depends on the wind, just have to experiment. I haven't found a super reliable line but I get my disc fading out so it goes through the tree just inside the stone wall, and hopefully doesn't clip the short tree on the right before it starts to fade. It's a small "gap" with big hit boxes for the trees. Somebody may have a better way, I only get on the green maybe 75%.

9 I forehand with the L/G Ballista. I don't move the aim point much from the start. A tiny bit left usually, and maybe up or down depending on wind. Again I just clear the first trees, and hope to finish hard right without catching so much tree that I come short of the green. Less than 75% on this one, and again somebody probably has a better way. Seems like there should be a hyzer line? Haven't found it.

Both shots look like flexes with big fade finishes when I throw them.

Last edited:
Both are backhands with the LG Ballista for me.
On 7 I slide to the direct right so that I'm above the left side of the bush, and then throw with a full power hyzer, angle all the way at the edge of the reticle, just a hair to the bad side so it won't come up all the way straight. On 9 I slide over and down to a little tiny branch hanging out to the left from its tree. I put the top arrow over that, adjusting slightly around it for wind, and pull a full power hyzer this time a hair to the good side of the edge of the reticle, just so it can kinda come up flat a little.

In both cases I either clear through in, and on 7 when I'm a bit too far left I tend to grab a tree that keeps me from sliding out the back/left corner... though that does happen on pretty rare occasion.

Got as high as 995 recently, dunno but something clicked for me this month. Coming for that 1000! But it will take a good run to do it. You can't miss anything inside 120'.

How does everyone play holes 7 and 9 at Owlwood. They really kick my ass.
While experimenting on hole 7, I found an improbably consistent forehand line. Slide left all the way; there are two hittable gaps on the left side. The first is easier to hit, but has a really low ceiling. The one farther left requires a little more care, but has a much higher ceiling. You have two trees to beat: go left of the first one, right of the second one. A ballista forehand at about 80 per cent power lands within 50 ft about 9 times out of 10

Wow. The new update, 952, changes things all over again.
The play is fine, i'll adjust!
But the shiny ass discs? Seiously? Lol!

I finally cracked 1000. It helps to get some 1000-rated Pro Tour rounds!

attachment.php

Mighty etdefender, where does that fall these days? I'll message you my name and screen name if that's ok for the hall of fame.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200820-203534_DiscGolf.jpg
    Screenshot_20200820-203534_DiscGolf.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 109
Nice! I have not gotten over 963 on rating yet, though I did finish 10th in last week's pro tour--one leaf sent me O/B on one hole or I would have tied for first. :)

I got my best round this week at 1144, just curious how far off I am from everyone else's best rounds...

I finally cracked 1000. It helps to get some 1000-rated Pro Tour rounds!

attachment.php

Mighty etdefender, where does that fall these days? I'll message you my name and screen name if that's ok for the hall of fame.

Are you not on the Facebook page?
Yes I'll add you the next time I update

Nice! I have not gotten over 963 on rating yet, though I did finish 10th in last week's pro tour--one leaf sent me O/B on one hole or I would have tied for first. :)

I got my best round this week at 1144, just curious how far off I am from everyone else's best rounds...

That's my best (or it might be 1145)

With the new update (952) I finally switched to putting with the Fuse. I'm not sure if it's that or adjusting to the update, but my round ratings are tanking! It also looks like it's been harder to score good rounds in general.

With the new update (952) I finally switched to putting with the Fuse. I'm not sure if it's that or adjusting to the update, but my round ratings are tanking! It also looks like it's been harder to score good rounds in general.

My putting and throw-ins are better than ever but I just seem to give away one shot or more every single round.

One shot a round is 27-28 points off of your rating

I'm currently in the mid-980s. If I could ever clean up all the mistakes...

Posting this to flagellate myself after throwing the wrong shot on several holes all these months.

Par 5 on Harrowing. Light/Glide Flex Forehand is so obviously the right tee shot here, but I didn't notice until now. Less than 25% eagle is now easily over 90%.

The two different but very similar short par threes throwing leftward over the water with the basket near the water. I've been throwing the Explorer resulting in lots of 80 footers...but you can just throw a Fuse safely out left in nearly any wind for a shorter putt. FFS.

I imagine there are a few others I'm not playing optimally. But these three stick out as really bad to have missed.

Posting this to flagellate myself after throwing the wrong shot on several holes all these months.

Par 5 on Harrowing. Light/Glide Flex Forehand is so obviously the right tee shot here, but I didn't notice until now. Less than 25% eagle is now easily over 90%.

The two different but very similar short par threes throwing leftward over the water with the basket near the water. I've been throwing the Explorer resulting in lots of 80 footers...but you can just throw a Fuse safely out left in nearly any wind for a shorter putt. FFS.

I imagine there are a few others I'm not playing optimally. But these three stick out as really bad to have missed.

Maybe I'm stubborn, but I still like the backhand line on the harrowing hole.

It seems to me that the Fuse and Explorer both go a little farther now. I used to predominantly use the Explorer on both those holes but now use it only with a stiff headwind or if trying to ace.

The little box island (Lakeside 8?) has been tougher to hit for that reason. Overthrowing with the Explorer is too easy now.

Maybe I'm stubborn, but I still like the backhand line on the harrowing hole.

It seems to me that the Fuse and Explorer both go a little farther now. I used to predominantly use the Explorer on both those holes but now use it only with a stiff headwind or if trying to ace.

The little box island (Lakeside 8?) has been tougher to hit for that reason. Overthrowing with the Explorer is too easy now.

If you're overthrowing any shot with a certain disc, learn the FH line. Knocks about 15-20% off the distance

I've only been playing for two weeks, but I keep reminding myself it's a video game, not real world physics. If I had a wish, I would change how you get discs. I would do a points system- x amount of points to get a driver. Awarding me with another putter is useless. That being said, this just shows that if someone designed a serious disc golf game I would pay for it.

Par 5 at Harrowing: I go Wind\Glide Recoil BH to the left fairway.

Box hole at Lakeside: Acc\Wind Musket BH low, not full power

Also, I finally hit a 1000 rating!

I throw a wind break fuse on the box island hole unless the wind is in my face, then I throw a low explorer.
Harrowing 5--I favor the FH flex to the right side fairway with a skippy ballista. It usually hits left side but the fade to the r because its a forehand gets it more in the middle. Then a another flex FH or a spike hyzer BH usually gets me within 50'. That's money in this game.

What are you all using for ace runs on the sunshine glade hole 3 (the 243' one). My fuse is just a foot or two short, and my explorer has way to much turn and fade for any consistent runs.

Also, just as a gripe, got a new phone 3 months ago, created a new player--on level 94 now, and still no light glide ballista. Sheeshh....

What are you all using for ace runs on the sunshine glade hole 3 (the 243' one). My fuse is just a foot or two short, and my explorer has way to much turn and fade for any consistent runs.

See my advice three or four posts ago. If a disc is too long, use the FH of the same disc. This hole is a perfect example. I FH a River for ace runs

Latest posts