• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Did i read this right in the facebook group? THe game will get an update where they fix most of the exploits?

Not that i ever tried those exploits. But good to hear that they are still working on the app.

Seriously? People cheat in a mobile disc golf game (any game for that matter, but especially something as trivial as this)? And somebody tried to figure out the exploit in the first place?

Ugh.

Seriously? People cheat in a mobile disc golf game (any game for that matter, but especially something as trivial as this)? And somebody tried to figure out the exploit in the first place?

Ugh.

Have you even tried turning the world upside down? Or double throwing? I mean, some say they aren't cheats because they're very difficult to master. So if it's really hard, but could possibly get you a better score than everybody else, it's not cheating - because, anybody else could do it if they just put in the time to figure out how to master it.

I think the nuances of the game are great. It mirrors real disc golf physically and mentally. It takes a long time to really master the wind for both driving and putting. It's really important to stick with discs you know and feel comfortable with. Obviously in real life people don't throw in putts from these distances so often but the option to do so gives you a risk reward scenario that is quite like the real game.

I've always been a conservative player around the green as I hate three putting. DGV ended up being exactly the same for me. Thus the Pure was not working at all but the heavy sticky Dagger is great (top players choices to the contrary notwithstanding). I use it for pretty much everything from 60 M in that isn't on some weird angle or low ceiling.

Similarly I like the beatup Compass instead of the Accurate Fuse. Same as in real life (I throw beat Rocs).

I'm on level 25 and I still have no Ballista tho. Irritating. It must have something to do with something besides level. Player rating maybe?

They could really add to the practice mode by expanding the the distances in putting, and allowing you to putt/throw over and over again with all the discs you have acquired, each of them landing and staying put as you go. Likewise w open field throwing using all discs you own. In both cases seeing where they end up in relation to one-another.

I would love a 9 disc bag. Maybe that could be a level people could eventually unlock or pay for. I don't see how they are making any money on the game tho, and thus, why they would add anything. I'd be happy to pay a few bucks for added features or to shop discs.

Have you even tried turning the world upside down? Or double throwing? I mean, some say they aren't cheats because they're very difficult to master. So if it's really hard, but could possibly get you a better score than everybody else, it's not cheating - because, anybody else could do it if they just put in the time to figure out how to master it.

I did try inverting once and it did not go well. I do think it would be ungentlemanly in real competition. I don't know what double throwing is.

I haven't tried upside down or double throwing in DGV as I don't know what they are...I must be unimaginative, lol.

I've heard similar arguments in competitive PvP video games for years. Hey, the programmers allowed it, it is fair. Hey, if I can figure out how to undermesh so can you, it isn't cheating.

Or real-life examples if you prefer: opening stadium doors to create a wind tunnel for the opposing team's punter, playing loud stadium names to disrupt the no-huddle offense (prior to a rule being made to prevent that), or bottom dealing from a deck of cards at your weekly poker game with friends (requires skill, the weekly poker group didn't adopt any certain rulebook preventing it....), etc.

Just because a glitch may take skill or practice to use and thinking outside the box can be very clever, it doesn't mean those acts fit with the intentions of the gameplay or rules.

And I don't see how people get enjoyment out of "winning" if they do so using exploits, but in the end it is just my opinion. But it feels like the same person who'd get enjoyment out of arm wrestling a kid and "winning" against them.

I've started playing a few days ago and the one thing I would like to see added is having a preferred throwing style, backhand or forehand. I know I should pay more attention to which way the game selects for me but I don't because I lazy. Not seeing that the game selected forehand has cost me tons of strokes.

So i have been leveling the last few days with multiplayer matches. I made it to level 10 so far.

Do i see this correctly? XP required increases with every level, but you only get the reward discs once you level up? That takes a loooot of maches till you get the discs you need i assume.

So i have been leveling the last few days with multiplayer matches. I made it to level 10 so far.

Do i see this correctly? XP required increases with every level, but you only get the reward discs once you level up? That takes a loooot of maches till you get the discs you need i assume.

It levels off at 1000 XP per level after that from what I've seen (I'm lvl 17), and even if you finish last in every single multiplayer match you still level up every 9 rounds (4th is 112 XP, 112×9 =1008) with 2nd place finishes pushing that down to 8 (125 XP 125×8=1000), and 1st cuts it down to 7, (150×7=1050). I'm getting irritated by the ability to only choose from 3, 5 would be a bit better, especially if they were duplicate protected, so you can't get stuff you already have for a choice. I had a level up reward where I already had 2 of the 3 choices (sticky Dagger and big skip accurate Musket), so I took the basic Keystone.

Out of curiosity, is the forehand just a mirror of backhand? Or are there other differences in flight?

Hit two aces last night on the same hole in back-to-back rounds, hole 3 on Sunshine Valley with an Explorer forehand. I played a third round on the same course to see if I could get it again but I missed it.

Out of curiosity, is the forehand just a mirror of backhand? Or are there other differences in flight?

Backhand goes further in my experience.

The main thing the game lacks is an accurate portrayal of flights. Rivers with "extra turn" will still fade at the end of the flight unless thrown at such a steep angle that it's a roller. Effectively shortening the flight of the disc significantly.

Rollers don't work either, the ground physics don't allow for it.

Sweeping hyzers aren't really possible like in real life.

The severe uphill holes are the worst. I like pretty much all the other holes but the physics are messed up on the crazy uphill ones and if you end up at the bottom it will take 2-3 additional shots to get to the basket.

Decided to test this today. But after it asks to log-in to Google Play, it flashes something on the screen and then nothing. Just butterflies flying around the basket...

Only 1000 XP per level from level 10 to infinity

Decided to test this today. But after it asks to log-in to Google Play, it flashes something on the screen and then nothing. Just butterflies flying around the basket...

It should eventually (in under 15 seconds unless you have dinosaur internet) have "Tap to Start" visible on that screen

picture.php

Speaking of the game starting up...

I swear I play better when the title animation misses the basket and worse when the animation makes the shot...

Latest posts