• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

To protect picnickers on other fairways, obviously. Or maybe to make it more challenging. You decide.

I can see that, however trees do the same thing. They are creating it, right? Why not make it with natural obstacles? Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Bad throw, hit a rock wall it bounces off to OB. Bad throw, hit a rock wall it sticks to the wall to give you no shot. How can I tell what kind of wall I'm hitting? LOL.

I've had some DOOZIES in Grizzly Gulch. Trapped under an outcropping in the water, literal no place to throw. I've taken a 20, and let's leave it at that, lol.

So there was a rating update.

Since the last update, i improved a lot. Leveled in multiplayer from lvl 2 to lvl 15. Got new discs. Improved my scores a lot. Regularily win multiplayer matches, shot a few -9s. Got my first 4 aces this week. My first few eagles after i got a light Musket.

Had a terrible pro tour this week though. Finished overall at -1 i think. But that's only 4 rounds, and they were not even in my last 25 rounds. I think i read somewhere that only the last 25 rounds count, right?

Anyway my rating dropped 50 points! What's up with this??

So there was a rating update.

Since the last update, i improved a lot. Leveled in multiplayer from lvl 2 to lvl 15. Got new discs. Improved my scores a lot. Regularily win multiplayer matches, shot a few -9s. Got my first 4 aces this week. My first few eagles after i got a light Musket.

Had a terrible pro tour this week though. Finished overall at -1 i think. But that's only 4 rounds, and they were not even in my last 25 rounds. I think i read somewhere that only the last 25 rounds count, right?

Anyway my rating dropped 50 points! What's up with this??
The last 25 rounds count towards your rating. Pro Tour rounds count twice. Ratings really don't matter in the game at this point beyond the different levels.
The ratings update didn't affect everyone for some reason (says I'm 516 and I caculated it at 699).

From the facebook group for those who dont do the FB thing:

Inversions are Gone
Double Shots are Gone
Bag Expansion is Gone
Throwing Underground is Gone
Throwing through the mountain is Gone
Rollers will now be a thing
Rotate the World is still there, by design
Your aim is now limited to inside the first aim circle
You can now scroll through scores after your Friendly Round is done
Your unique "Player ID" will appear on your profile in case some specific individual troubleshooting is required
Putting mechanics will change a bit. You will now need to pull the disc back before you can do your forward putt motion.
The current Beta (it's version .806 for sake of reference) does not have the new Courses on it. I don't know when those will appear.
I'm sure there are things that will change between now and when the Beta rolls into production. So, if you have questions or want my initial impressions on things, do realize things not only might, but should, change.

From the facebook group for those who dont do the FB thing:

Inversions are Gone
Double Shots are Gone
Bag Expansion is Gone
Throwing Underground is Gone
Throwing through the mountain is Gone
Rollers will now be a thing
Rotate the World is still there, by design
Your aim is now limited to inside the first aim circle
You can now scroll through scores after your Friendly Round is done
Your unique "Player ID" will appear on your profile in case some specific individual troubleshooting is required
Putting mechanics will change a bit. You will now need to pull the disc back before you can do your forward putt motion.
The current Beta (it's version .806 for sake of reference) does not have the new Courses on it. I don't know when those will appear.
I'm sure there are things that will change between now and when the Beta rolls into production. So, if you have questions or want my initial impressions on things, do realize things not only might, but should, change.

is this update out right now or forthcoming?

I've had some DOOZIES in Grizzly Gulch. Trapped under an outcropping in the water, literal no place to throw. I've taken a 20, and let's leave it at that, lol.

I posted a video on the FB group last night of an upshot into the tunnel hole that landed 20' from the basket, flipped over, went underground, and then scooted all the way off the map. Rather than re-throw I hit "go to lie" and it put me on top of a peak above the teepad. Easily the craziest thing I've seen so far.

FYI https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscGolfValley/

I'm at the point now of trying to get 3 stars on Grizzly Gulch to unlock the Recoil. At the moment I'm not even getting close to getting a birdie of every hole, so I'm about to just give up. Sounds like the developer isn't really active on it either, although with the recent events maybe he will get back to work on more features?

Hey there M19HTYERIC ! Any suggestions on the best way to unlock Recoil or other HS driver? Thanks!

I have a couple of recoils and don't have 3 stars on Grizzly or the Crows Nest yet. Multiplayer is the way. I got 3 stars on all but those 2 first, then started playing multiplayer and feel like the Recoil came sort of quickly. I don't know, I may have played more rounds than I think.

I have a couple of recoils and don't have 3 stars on Grizzly or the Crows Nest yet. Multiplayer is the way. I got 3 stars on all but those 2 first, then started playing multiplayer and feel like the Recoil came sort of quickly. I don't know, I may have played more rounds than I think.

Keep playing and leveling up - eventually the good discs will come as an available choice. The earliest you can get a Recoil is Level 10, the earliest you can get a Ballista is Level 20.

You do get some sort of a Recoil for 3-starring Grizzly Gulch. By the time they introduced that course, I had already been playing for a while and had better drivers. To be honest, getting 3 stars on that course with nothing longer than a Musket requires luck, amazing skill, and/or favorable winds.

There's currently a glitch that allows more than six discs (supposedly to be fixed very soon), but you can play every hole with the six I'll list here. You want these six for the rounds (multiplayer and pro tour) when you don't know which holes are coming. If you're playing the Open (where you can repeat the round with the same holes and wind), you can switch out to a specialty disc when needed

Accurate/Glide or Accurate/Sticky Pure - all top players have one or the other (probably 2/3 prefer the glide)
Accurate/Wind Break Fuse - see below
Accurate/Wind Break Explorer - that particular Fuse and Explorer are both in every top player's bag
Accurate/Extra Glide or Accurate/Wind Break Musket
The last two that are in every top player's bag you have to play for a while to get (playing multiplayer is the fastest way to level up):
Light/Big Skip Ballista and Light/Extra Glide Ballista - these two make almost all of the Par fours reachable with the right wind

I'm on Level 48 and the only one of these I've been offered is the Accurate/Extra Glide Pure. Still I've ended up pretty similar:

Pure - Heavy/Accurate
Fuse - Accurate
Explorer - Wind Break
Musket - Extra Glide
Recoil - Wind Break/Extra Glide
Ballista - Extra Glide/Big Skip

It's hard to imagine not having the Recoil ITB. It's pretty useful.

I'm on Level 48 and the only one of these I've been offered is the Accurate/Extra Glide Pure. Still I've ended up pretty similar:

Pure - Heavy/Accurate
Fuse - Accurate
Explorer - Wind Break
Musket - Extra Glide

If I could add a 7th disc permanently, there's little doubt the Recoil would be it. In the bag of six though, it's either that or the Musket so the Musket likely stays

Pure - Heavy/Accurate
Fuse - Accurate
Explorer - Wind Break
Musket - Extra Glide

You can get the Wind/Accurate Fuse by getting 2 or 3 stars on one of the courses (I forget which one)

Latest posts