• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

I'm on Level 48 and the only one of these I've been offered is the Accurate/Extra Glide Pure. Still I've ended up pretty similar:

Pure - Heavy/Accurate
Fuse - Accurate
Explorer - Wind Break
Musket - Extra Glide
Recoil - Wind Break/Extra Glide
Ballista - Extra Glide/Big Skip

It's hard to imagine not having the Recoil ITB. It's pretty useful.

Wow I must be pretty lucky. I'm level 18 and I have the:

Pure - accurate/glide
Fuse - accurate/wind
Musket - accurate/wind

I just got my first DD when I hit 18. It's a light Recoil.

Wow I must be pretty lucky. I'm level 18 and I have the:

Pure - accurate/glide
Fuse - accurate/wind
Musket - accurate/wind

I just got my first DD when I hit 18. It's a light Recoil.

That's the foundation of a solid bag! Learning the Light Recoil will make the transition easier once you get the Light/Glide Ballista (aka Holy Grail)

My rating still shows as 0 even though i've got about 50 multiplayer rounds in by now. Anyone else still having the same issue?

The developers seem to have overlooked how good a system of achievements would be in this game, and they would be a great source of XP in addition to upping the participation. Now is a good time because the game has gotten lots of exposure. Will they miss the opportunity?

I got two aces in one round for the first time, and thought "why do I not get 1k XP for that?" You could get creative and come up with hundreds of achievements, and it wouldn't detract, it would add to the experience.

/2cents

My rating still shows as 0 even though i've got about 50 multiplayer rounds in by now. Anyone else still having the same issue?

Have you played any pro tour rounds?
If not, you'll never get a rating
Ratings update every five days when the pro tour resets. Your rating only updates if you played at least one of the pro tour rounds that cycle

Dammit! This thread piqued my interest. Now I have a new way to waste time. Poop!

*is there a happy way to say that, and still mean it?

Have you played any pro tour rounds?
If not, you'll never get a rating
Ratings update every five days when the pro tour resets. Your rating only updates if you played at least one of the pro tour rounds that cycle

Yes. I played all 4 Pro Tour rounds, each of the past two weeks. So 8 Pro Tour Rounds total. And those rounds are individually rated and show up under my "rated rounds" page. But still showing a 0 PDGA rating and Rec overall.

That's the foundation of a solid bag! Learning the Light Recoil will make the transition easier once you get the Light/Glide Ballista (aka Holy Grail)

That's encouraging.

I will say that I think I would prefer an accurate/glide Fuse over the accurate/wind Fuse. It seems that will provide more eagle opportunities. Maybe the accurate/wind Explorer will fill that slot.

Just keep playing and hoping. They updated the ratings on Wednesday for the first time in a long time, but there are so many new players (13000 in that pro tour) that they weren't able to get to everyone. I played for a couple of weeks as a 0 rated player and was lucky enough to be included in the update. They'll get around to everyone. The developer is one person who just had a kid so he has other things to do. And he obviously didn't expect the explosion in popularity.

I will say that I think I would prefer an accurate/glide Fuse over the accurate/wind Fuse. It seems that will provide more eagle opportunities. Maybe the accurate/wind Explorer will fill that slot.

I'm in the minority who prefer the accurate/glide Fuse. I try the wind one at least three times a week because it gets talked up so much on FB, but it just hasn't clicked with me. I can control the accurate/glide one just as well because I've thrown it so much, and it goes farther. I don't know about eagle opportunities, but it definitely gives me better looks for birdie anywhere from 250-325'

Yes. I played all 4 Pro Tour rounds, each of the past two weeks. So 8 Pro Tour Rounds total. And those rounds are individually rated and show up under my "rated rounds" page. But still showing a 0 PDGA rating and Rec overall.

One of the later posts said that not all of the 10000+ new rec players updated. I didn't know that
The next update is 4/27 at midnight GMT (5 pm PDT) - hopefully you'll get a rating then!

Make sure you play at least one of this week's pro tour rounds between now and then, if you haven't already

I don't know about eagle opportunities, but it definitely gives me better looks for birdie anywhere from 250-325'

Does it allow you to ace run holes that you can't normaly ace with the accurate/wind Fuse? That's basically the only reason I think it might be better.

So I got my first Ballista (had to use the reroll glitch a couple times) and it's EG/WB. I'm now trying to get 3 stars on Harrowing Woods (have an Accurate Fuse, want the A/WB Fuse), but am having a tough time, especially with the first and second holes. There has to be a consistent birdie line there somewhere.

So I got my first Ballista (had to use the reroll glitch a couple times) and it's EG/WB. I'm now trying to get 3 stars on Harrowing Woods (have an Accurate Fuse, want the A/WB Fuse), but am having a tough time, especially with the first and second holes. There has to be a consistent birdie line there somewhere.

I just got the same Ballista today. Throw a hyzer on both those holes.

They are both reachable with a Musket. You probably won't need full power to reach them with the Ballista, so ease up a tad.

For Harrowing Woods #2, I throw a hyzer to the right of the pine tree in the middle, and slightly adjust angle and power based on the wind.

Hole 1 - Musket or Recoil work well. For right to left winds throw it high at full power with just a bit of anny and it will fly just over that stupid boulder and give you a putt. For left to right, throw it a bit lower and a bit straighter

Hole 2 - Do what LateWesternSky says, although for a left to right I will throw a forehand with a lot of anny on it

Yep, gave it a try, and totally addicted. And so is my 6 year old son, which speaks to how awesome the game is, being fun for all ages.

After just a couple weeks I hit level 20. (the tip above for Multiplayer binge sessions is the way to go, thanks!)
3 stars for the first half the courses.

A couple discs that I now have that have helped shave strokes:
Musket, big skip- this thing is crazy, bounces around like a rubber ball, also makes for some pretty epic OB shots, but yielded me my long drive of 827' on the long downhill on Nest about 1 pixel from OB---waaay past the basket.
Recoil, extra turn/wind break- giving me some pro route Eagle looks on a few holes now.

And I love my Pure- accurate, extra glide

Question, the trash can icon on the disc bag screen: what is the reason for that? And how do you do it? too afraid to try, hopefully it asks the "are you sure" question.

I would guess for duplicates, but is their a cap on how many you can have not in your bag?

Question, the trash can icon on the disc bag screen: what is the reason for that? And how do you do it? too afraid to try, hopefully it asks the "are you sure" question.

I would guess for duplicates, but is their a cap on how many you can have not in your bag?

Mostly it is used for adding extra discs to your bag :|

Take a disc from your bag, put it on the trash can. Say cancel, that disc will stay in your bag and you can then put another disc in there, up to like 12 if you want.

You can have hundreds in your library
I keep deleting them as I earn them to keep it at 99 - no reason to do that really, I just choose to keep it at 99

lvl 46 and I've only pulled 2 Ballistas. Kind of annoying. At least they're a reasonable pairing for the sake of shot diversity: Light/Big Skip and Wind Break/Extra Fade. Anybody with worse Ballista luck?

Latest posts