• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

It's time to declare the winners of the first event. Not the winning players, the winning holes. Here is how each hole performed in terms of sorting players by skill.

Code:
      Contribution
      to Scoring 
      Spread Width of
Hole  Total Scores
 1      6.1%
17      4.9%
 9      3.8%
 4      3.3%
 3      3.1%
13      3.1%
15      2.7%
 7      2.6%
14      2.5%
 6      2.5%
11      2.4%
 2      1.9%
10      1.8%
 8      1.6%
 5      1.6%
16      0.9%
12      0.6%
18     -0.1%

I am surprised #1 had the biggest impact on scoring spread, based on the hole design. Do you think it's just because it's Hole 1 and jitters? Or the OB, or the length is not easily parkable?

Another fake feminist, awesome! By definition I'm a feminist. There use to be great women feminist. These new age "feminist" are bigots and hypocrites that have been convinced the world is against them. Is this really the bs they teach in college or did she just think that made her sound more qualified. A minor in feminism lmao. What a waste of tuition.

Sarah is a giant hypocrite.

I love how Sarah boycotted this tournament but plays in the women's only Daisy Chains every year. Part of the women's only tour that consisted of 7 events. That's two more tournaments than the DGWT has. :doh:

Sarah is a giant hypocrite.

I love how Sarah boycotted this tournament but plays in the women's only Daisy Chains every year. Part of the women's only tour that consisted of 7 events. That's two more tournaments than the DGWT has. :doh:

Its ok for women to have womens only event but when men do it, its sexist. Nothing to see here.

Sarah said herself in the latest article that women are not as good as men at disc golf.

If she knows that's the truth then what's the reason for including women in a tour that is meant to showcase the top talent of the sport?

Sarah said herself in the latest article that women are not as good as men at disc golf.

If she knows that's the truth then what's the reason for including women in a tour that is meant to showcase the top talent of the sport?

Lol. Good question.

Aren't you the one in this thread that thinks women should be included?

Your posts are confusing.

I thought you were asking the question rhetorically from Jussi's perspective, not Hokom's. Sorry, my bad.

I thought you were asking why Jussi bothered including women in his tour if he wanted to showcase the best talent but everyone acknowledges the performance gap between men & women. And I wanted to know the answer to that question too. That's all. Sorry for misreading your post.

I am surprised #1 had the biggest impact on scoring spread, based on the hole design. Do you think it's just because it's Hole 1 and jitters? Or the OB, or the length is not easily parkable?

Yes to all.

It gave the best players plenty of opportunity to get a 2, while giving out scores of 4, 5, and 6+.

attachment.php

Attachments

• LM01.jpg
    LM01.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 437
Yes to all.

It gave the best players plenty of opportunity to get a 2, while giving out scores of 4, 5, and 6+.

attachment.php

The hole designs at LaMi for DGWT seemed excellent for players and viewers. Loved Hole 1, right off the bat. Hole 1's basket was 10' from the OB culvert on the left, which was a huge concern for the RHBH throwers trying to get their drive out there a good 375', close to the basket, w/o going left. And on the other side was a steady drop to the path and more potential OB for anyone else coming in left to right.

Not surprised at all that Hole 1 yielded this spread.

hole 1 had a deceptive slope to the right that alot of hyzers hit, then back-rolled OB. But sometimes those same hyzers stuck, or even skipped a little towards the basket. Throwing the hyzer was chancy because of this unknown factor. Throw it and hit near the basket where it was dry and flat = maybe be parked, maybe roll/skip OB and have to go to the drop zone 150ft back. There really wasn't that wide of an area a disc could land and have no chance of going ob

Hey Steve, what do the metrics of "95% Better than Luck" and "Contribution 6.1%" mean?
Thanks, this is pretty cool!!

First, understand Scoring Spread Width of Total Scores. That's a measure of the amount of information contained in the final total scores of all the players. Wider means more different scores, which means fewer ties, which means the course did a better job of sorting players.

Contribution is a measure of how much influence on Scoring Spread Width of Total Scores this hole had. Just calculate the Width both with and without the hole's scores and subtract. It shows how much of the total information exists only because this hole was included.

Better than Luck measures how well a hole allocated the scores it gave out. Take the actual scores for the hole, scramble them among players randomly and compute the Contribution with the scrambled scores. Usually, the Contribution will be lower with scrambled scores. In this case, 95% of the time, so the hole generally "knew" who to give the good scores to.

OK, so the width of total scores is a measure of variability, correct?

Contribution is the estimate of how much the individual hole's variability contributes to total score variability?

How does "better than luck" differ from the correlation to rating? It seems like those would be very similar which is why I was confused?

Oh wait, I think I'm starting to figure it out. This is basically a resampling approach that addresses the prediction of scores independent of rating. So it would then be unique information.

A) True, you allowed women to compete and you saved spots for them. Congratulations. You allowed women to compete as long as they agreed to compete against men. And trumpeting their ability to compete fairly for $ is about as absurd as you can get.

I'm not going to respond to your fallacy ridden arguments, but I will just clarify here that I don't speak for the DGWT. My opinions are my own. I'm a freelance producer who consistently works with SpinTV and the DGWT.

That's all, just the CYA statement. :)

He said this on Stu's post: "We did learn a lot and next event will not have live stream"

My bad in reading that wrong. I and others took that to mean there won't be live stream for future DGWT events, but in reading it again it sounds like it's just for the next one. You'd know way better than I would about future plans for DGWT. My apologies. Keep up the good work!

No worries brotherman, you are correct there's not going to be a livestream from Czech Republic, I guess since he's said it I can say it publicly too. That event will probably be the smallest of the DGWT this year.

I haven't spoken to Jussi about the other events yet, but European Masters is still a PDGA Major so I expect the bells and whistles there, and Finland is usually accommodating in that arena too.

Y'all know how he rolls by now, you'll hear the hype train coming!

Dgwt Konopiste, stop#2

Paul, Simon and Sexton, and a 820 rated player... Ok?