• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc recovery method

Rydeen

A local player has recovered discs using his drone. The method is as follows:

A small bag with a handful of rice inside...and that bag, with double-sided adhesive tape outside the rice bag. With the drone it flies over the target and using the built-in camera, descends on the disc. The weight of the bag makes the double-sided tape stick and lifts it up without any problem.
Maybe it will come in handy, folks.
(Attached a couple of videos)

(Roof hole#5 Purificación Tomás Course, Oviedo, Spain)

Attachments

• SaveIG.App_3151803017367892284.mp4
    4.6 MB
  • VID-20230722-WA0001.mp4
    6.6 MB
Last edited:
If you can get above a disc the rotor thrust might be enough to get to move/break free.

Sounds like the tape works, but alternatively I love my suction cup attachment on my retriever stick.

Some type similar attachments might work with a drone as well.

Curious what type drone he has. If one of the smaller <249g drones would be adequate to snag a disc with the weight of the rice and disc to carry.

Just realized the attachments were videos.

Drone definitely had no problem with lift.

But it does look like it's over 249g.

Still, seeing that I don't think it would be an issue.

Nice!!!
I would think a drone would work great for locating discs in lakes. You would need a kayak or something to get to the discs, but a birdseye view would ideal for spotting.

If you can get above a disc the rotor thrust might be enough to get to move/break free.

Sounds like the tape works, but alternatively I love my suction cup attachment on my retriever stick.

Some type similar attachments might work with a drone as well.

Curious what type drone he has. If one of the smaller <249g drones would be adequate to snag a disc with the weight of the rice and disc to carry.
Thanks for the answer...well, he didn't know about those balls with suction cups (I told him later and he wrote it down for another occasion) without knowing it, he came up with that curious system. According to the drone's owner, it weighs 1.10 pounds, is 4-rotor and has a lot of lifting power for its size. (y)

Nice!!!
I would think a drone would work great for locating discs in lakes. You would need a kayak or something to get to the discs, but a birdseye view would ideal for spotting.
Thanks for the reply, 🤔great idea! If it is shallow or fairly clear water, it would be a perfect system of locating plastics. (y)