• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc used on longest throw

I just ripped a Star Max 400 + ft yesterday. What a throw!

Star X-Caliber, 360 ft flat distance and maybe 450 ft with a little down hill assist.

400+ feet with a 150g DX Beast on flat ground. But it wasn't during real play. During play I think my longest is probably ~375ft with a 150g Boss and a 170 Star Valkyrie. Normally I throw 300ft on a good drive.

440 foot whole i tomahawked a shot about 15 feet away with a z flick, flat ground i can throw a crush about 400, on this one downhill throw prob 475 500 feet with my crush

Why even list the furthest you've thrown downhill?

If I stand on Mt. Everest and throw can I say I've town one 1,000' ? Come on...

BTW, and my furthest, 340' with a 168 pro wraith.

A long downhill throw is like an hour with a very experienced professional woman. Looks good on paper, but something is missing.

Dillon....if you can only throw 1000' feet off Everest....that sucks....guys fall to their death much farther than that.;)

pro beast close to 500'...i had some destroyers getting close to that but lost them all...funny thing is, i volunteered for a long distance drive competition at the worlds overall once and the top guys were throwing starfires and valks..except for the discraft guy that threw 200m...not sure what he was throwing(chris voight)..

Groove FH about 375.

My Force and new Surge are just aching to beat that though(finally getting comfortable with the Force. Just getting to know the Surge - I love that disc. I wish I'd bought one sooner.).

Last edited:
Lots of Valks and Wraiths so far. 400 with a Star Max is incredible to me!

Well up untill today it was a 170 DX Wraith, right about 400. But then today I got the Discwing Quarter K II and that thing is crazy. First off it is super understable, and really smooth. So i decided to throw it with quite a bit of hyzer and alot of snap. Well this thing takes off hyzer, levels out at about 340, then as it descends in altitude it starts skimming about an inch above the ground for about another 150 feet. Ive never scene anything like it, that thing is wickedly aerodynamic. Now as far as being consistent HAA heck no, I threw it 3 more times trying the same way and it just turned over and started rolling, but man can it roll, like a dang sail. Oh and this was all done on a football field completely flat ground with very little wind.

Flat ground, 350ft DX Valkerie.
Downhill, 380ft Champion Roadrunner, big flex shot.

FH - 172 CFR Destroyer
BH - 168 Champ Groove (I don't actually like the Groove and it's not currently in my bag, but occasionally I can torque some big D out of it)

beat in OLD t-bird. I accidentally not knowing what I was doing threw a big S-curve for about 450. I soon after lost the disc. But had been averaging 350 in open type shots with it prior to losing it. I went and bought 10 new regular T-birds and they are all that I throw now along with a putter. They usually fade on me around 250-280 max. Just trying to get just one to fly like that friggin one that I lost at Deer Lick park in georgia. It was not that great of a course either, in my opinion.

Sidewinder gave me a huge S glide and carried 350+ on a course. In field practice I have thrown T-birds, Valks, and lighter than air archangel further but have no way of knowing for certain. Interesting I once threw a roc further than any of my drivers in field practice by about 50 feet. Not sure how far that was but it just was one of those perfect throws that I probably will never replicate...was really odd!

Latest posts