• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Windfalls

jtreadwell

Wizard of Plastic Land
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So playing Pye Brook Park yesterday with my buddy and his two 10 year old kids, I had a windfall of found plastic. First I found a brand new Pro Valk with a number. Called it, no answer and so far no response to my 2 messages. A few holes later, I found a brand new, unmarked Dragon which I gave to the younger of my friends kids who was throwing my SL for lack of a better disc. His brother was a little grumpy but as he already has a 140g leopard he didn't need it as much. Well, a few holes later and I found ANOTHER fairly new Dragon with no name which went to the second kid! I've found more discs in a round, but never two of the same exact disc (both were red and of course, 150g) at such a convenient time. So tell me a tale of your similar lucky finds! (If this exists already, sorry).

Yesterday I had a three-disc windfall.

My friend put his GL River into a small bend in a river (ironic? it's frustrating how often our "Rivers" end up in rivers).

The bend had carved under the bank and the spot was murky--retrievers were coming up empty, too. Since it was crazy hot I jumped in. After 20 minutes of feeling around I stepped on what I thought was his disc. Pulled it up to find it was a very new-looking, unmarked champ Sidewinder. I took another step and found another disc--this time an unmarked champ Mamba. I took a third step and finally pulled up the missing River.

One course later, I found an unmarked Wahoo laying next to my drive with no other players in sight. It was a profitable day for sure.

5 discs and 5 dollars, 2 different Sundays, 2 weeks apart last fall.

Just walking along the creek on our course and I spotted a disc so I went into the murky water and pulled out a 9/10 orange Z Surge SS went back to the tee to play a one disc round first throw back in the creek it goes. Naturally I wasn't going to leave it behind so back in I went to only pull out a pretty purple 10/10 GL Striker that had to only have been thrown once! Still no Surge SS. Back in about 5 minutes later pull out a 8/10 red pro Valk and then I later found the Surge SS. So I went from playing a one disc round to playing a 3 disc round after 20 minutes of searching! I can deal with that!

The first time me and my buddies jumped in the lake at hold #8 at Oak Meadow part we found about 50 discs.

Way back in the day, I was chucking a 4/10 dx beast at our local wooded course. I blasted it right into a nasty patch of dense rough. Searched... searched... and pulled out a 9/10 dx beast!! Said thank you and moved along.

------------------------------------------

A few years ago I was playing at Lincoln Ridge, and ran into a shirtless, discless player who said he was searching for a yellow star wraith. Later on in the round, I found a yellow star wraith. Ran into the guy in the parking lot, and gave him his disc back.

Except, he said, that's not my disc. I told him, it's a yellow star wraith, do you want it? And he said, nope, no thanks.

He must have REALLY like his star wraith...

Last year, brought a coworker out to a local pitch n putt for his first round. He's a hardcore ultimate player, but really had no interest in DG, and still doesn't.

But, he did have the good fortune of finding a CE Firebird in pretty good condition. He said he didn't want it, and gave it to me. Thanks man!

Last week playing alone early one morning I found a Glo-Roc, a champion Panther and a 150g DX Destroyer ~ all in the same area of ferns and fallen trees within a 30ft circle ~ each of them standing up verticle in different ferns. Only the Destroyer had a number and was returned. Really enjoy throwing the Panther.

Way back in the day, I was chucking a 4/10 dx beast at our local wooded course. I blasted it right into a nasty patch of dense rough. Searched... searched... and pulled out a 9/10 dx beast!! Said thank you and moved along.

A few years ago I was playing at Lincoln Ridge, and ran into a shirtless, discless player who said he was searching for a yellow star wraith. Later on in the round, I found a yellow star wraith. Ran into the guy in the parking lot, and gave him his disc back.

Except, he said, that's not my disc. I told him, it's a yellow star wraith, do you want it? And he said, nope, no thanks.

He must have REALLY like his star wraith...

Last year, brought a coworker out to a local pitch n putt for his first round. He's a hardcore ultimate player, but really had no interest in DG, and still doesn't.

But, he did have the good fortune of finding a CE Firebird in pretty good condition. He said he didn't want it, and gave it to me. Thanks man!

man im surprised you didnt say anything about my disc findings =D

ive found 13 in one day and they ranged from beat up dx to 9/10 star plastic! also found a CE firebird in a tree and was probably a 8/10 =)

i went in some murky, snake infested water for my beat dx valk, never found the valk but did get 32 other discs out.

Myself and two friends had a crazy round last year. Total count was:

Myself: 1 lost, 3 found
Friend 1: 3 lost, 3 found
Friend 2: 3 lost, 1 found

I guess we came out even? :D

i always find 5 or more discs when the snow melts..................most of them are usually mine.

31RYFiP8tnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SOG Twitch II spring assisted knife. List $80. Found this spring. Posted on several course sites. Mine now!

I was out yard sale-ing a few weeks back and scored seven discs for ten bucks. A couple Valks, a 10/10 146g Whippet, a Katana, don't remember the others.

I was passing through Kalmazoo MI on a roadtrip and lost my beat up yellow XL in the bushes near dusk. Couldn't spot it for anything, and I really loved that beat up straight flying mess. But I did find an unmarked Wizard hidden in the bushes. Never heard of it but gave it a try and loved it instantly. I nicknamed it Excalibur because some weird Lady of the Lake sort of bestowed it upon me.

a month or so ago, a friend and i played 63 holes over three courses in one day. we found 5 discs and two nalgene bottles. quite the haul of plastic. two of the discs had no ink, three had numbers, two were returned.

Last Tuesday I broke my record for found discs by a massive margin with 53 in one round! We were at Sabattus DGC in Sabattus ME and it was right after a day of torrential rain. On hole 7 on the Eagle course, I noticed a disc sticking out of the sand on the bank of the river. I pulled it out and noticed several more nearby. Long story short, my buddies and I just kept pulling out discs and even went into the thigh deep water to get about 20 more. The rains must have washed all the hung up discs down into the cul-de-sac and as the first ones to play the course that day we happened to find them first! All but two had names on them, so we stacked them up and flagged down one of the course employees to pick them up in an ATV. If you've lost a disc on the Eagle course, they likely have it back at the clubhouse. Included in the returns were an 11x teebird, 11x firebird, and a yellow barstamp buzzz so I'm sure someone's day got a lot brighter. I kept one of the no-names (a white KC pro Roc, nicely seasoned) but lost it on 8 trying to take the shortcut:(. My buddy kept an unmarked DX Valk but lost it as well on the second round.

I was at Nevin in Charlotte on hole #12 I think, grip locked my dx leopard in the worse thickest shule and stickers bushes. I spend the next hour suffering the stickers pulling out 4 discs all pretty good condition, Champ Leopard, Champ Eagle, Champ Monarch, Star Sidewinder and lastly I finally found my leopard. No names or numbers, they all went into the bag.

I used to have dreams of walking into areas or walking through a shallow water feature and coming out with dozens of discs. Now I rarely find discs anymore, I would like to say its because I am always on the fairway but it is more likely because I am no longer obsessed about finding discs.

Latest posts