• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DiscMania Discs?!?!?

My wife bought me a PD randomly on a trip a few months ago. I love it but I can't agree with the person above who said it's like a Teebird but longer. The PD is certainly a headwind driver with a ton of fade that flies straight when you release it. You can turn them over a bit if you turn your wrist a lot while releasing but they won't stay to the right for long.

It's a great disc to cut wind thought. I could never play when it was windy until I found this disc to go with the predator from discraft...

My wife bought me a PD randomly on a trip a few months ago. I love it but I can't agree with the person above who said it's like a Teebird but longer. The PD is certainly a headwind driver with a ton of fade that flies straight when you release it. You can turn them over a bit if you turn your wrist a lot while releasing but they won't stay to the right for long.

It's a great disc to cut wind thought. I could never play when it was windy until I found this disc to go with the predator from discraft...

I've been really perplexed by this review, as I've heard it a couple times. Plus, DG Center's flight rating has the turn/fade at 0/4. I'm by no means a big arm, and the PD is an effortlessly straight disc for me. As long as I keep from throwing it too high, it will land and skip dead nuts straight after flying 300+ ft.

Maybe I got lucky with mine, but I think there are a couple things at play here.

The plastic: I've heard the plastic makes an even bigger difference than normal on this disc. I throw S plastic. C and P plastic I've heard are very overstable, with C being a borderline meathook.

The weight: my PDs are a few grams lighter than any of my other drivers. I throw 166g and 168g. This might be part of it as well.

The only PDs that have been anywhere near the 0/4 rating for me are the C-PDs. I'm having no difficulty turning S and P line PDs over on longer drives if I want to. If I put a little hyzer on them they'll usually only drift right a couple feet, but if I throw them flat they'll hold the line for awhile. I'm actually using a P-PD as a roller now instead of my old Avenger SS.

Latest posts