• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

I'm curious if this is new stock or leftovers from the last batch. The OG ones were fairly domey correct?
Got one. Haven't held it yet but the report I got was a little less domey than last year. Moderate, even dome.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Got one. Haven't held it yet but the report I got was a little less domey than last year. Moderate, even dome.

Yeah that's what Discmania's saying:
The Night Strike II is very similar to last year's edition, but with a few tweaks. You'll notice a slightly flatter profile and a sharper finish to the wing. At times the Night Strike will fly a bit more overstable than the originals, which means it can handle even more than before.

Oh, and now it has two snakes instead of one. You can't go wrong with two snakes.

Any initial thoughts on the Night Strike 2?
Flies very true to whatever angle you put it on. New it isn't too OS or US. Just perfect. I threw it about 20× on about 50-70% power. Softer throws just very straight. Harder it'll flip up and ride straight with an ever so slight turn and the mildest finish. Very nice!

Good to know. The originals were just too flippy. MUCH less stable than my stock C-lines. Might pick one or two up to support NP...

Good to know. The originals were just too flippy. MUCH less stable than my stock C-lines. Might pick one or two up to support NP...
My C line is most definitely more stable, the FD is my main fairway driver so it has its place

So your NS2 is more understable than your C-lines?
No, the C lines finish harder is the right way to convey what I want to say here. I have heard though that the CG Champ plastic beats in to flippiness though.

Maybe I had a few lucky oat free shots but I am really surprised, I'll bag my white NS2 next to my white NS1....
In the woods when you don't really dare to smash the disc, but want more distance than a mid would offer, this disc felt very stable. I even went for it on a long straight tunnel, slightly upwards and long enough to where I kind of have to go up to speed 9 slight turnover.
I fail the angle and line but instead get a gliding baby hyzer without fade, to my sweet spot at 330'.

My first impression is that it will replace the straight disc more stable than my NS1. Curious to test further.

PS, yeah, obviously still missed the put at 40'...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190315_223053_506.jpg
    IMG_20190315_223053_506.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I picked up a Night Strike 2 today with some leftover funny money and threw it today vs. my Night Strike 1. It seems to be a bit more stable. It's weird, because PLH looks to be the same. I'd heard these molded up flatter, but mine's more domey than the NS1.

BTW, this is the brightest-glowing disc I've ever owned.

Threw my NS2 over the weekend. Thing is a freaking laser beam! Flies dead straight with very little turn or fade on a flat release.

I picked up a Night Strike 2 today with some leftover funny money and threw it today vs. my Night Strike 1. It seems to be a bit more stable. It's weird, because PLH looks to be the same. I'd heard these molded up flatter, but mine's more domey than the NS1.

BTW, this is the brightest-glowing disc I've ever owned.
I was surprised by the glow also. Laser beam goodness!

Used bin $8 find, about 7/10. Hard to see rim bubbles in the pic but it's definitely a 2nd run and I'm gonna throw it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_091629.jpg
    IMG_20190510_091629.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts