• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Only Bag Experience

mubhcaeb78

Par Member
So last year I thought.. lets see how well a single brand would do (not inno/craft).

I finished up with my normal bag.. and went on ordering every discmania model.

I broke out the P2's and putted some last week to try out.. moving from an XD to a P2 was a big difference, but I like the consistency.

Every other disc was just put in the bag, never thrown. I just looked up on the site here what people compare the discs to.

Went to first tournament.
One course I played last year and scored better even with worse conditions.

I ended up throwing PD/MD2 the most.. and they were dead on.

Need to wear down a CD or something for longer straight throws powered down.. nothing was understable enough.. had to try to hold anny's that went left at first.

Not sure on the GM vs FD vs CD on straight shots 250-300 ish yet..

Hope to have more details on how to make it work for every shot.. what to beat in and what to keep new.

A beat S-FD will power down for straight shots really well. I don't have any experience with the GM and CD, so I can't offer any help there, sorry.

Try a lower weight s-td. It won't be super understable but is very good to power down on.

Im pretty much there except for my putters (pure/sinus) and destroyers

Midranges
C-MD2 for straight shots
P-MD2 for straight-turnover shots
S-MD1 for more of a stable mid
Cant wait for the MD3 for the overstable slot

The FD is a great disc. S lines are easy to throw low power straight shots, where the C lines can handle more power and are straight with a little high speed turn

I only throw the First Run CD, but they are nice and straight, and when they beat a little, become good hyzer flip/turnover discs

And im pretty sure you know all the love for the PD.

Im pretty much there except for my putters (pure/sinus) and destroyers

Midranges
C-MD2 for straight shots
P-MD2 for straight-turnover shots
S-MD1 for more of a stable mid
Cant wait for the MD3 for the overstable slot

The FD is a great disc. S lines are easy to throw low power straight shots, where the C lines can handle more power and are straight with a little high speed turn

I only throw the First Run CD, but they are nice and straight, and when they beat a little, become good hyzer flip/turnover discs

And im pretty sure you know all the love for the PD.

So you do not see any overlap in between the CD FD and PD? I felt like the all flew the same just different distances. I want something with a smaller rim than the FD for my fairway driver as these seem too stable.

So you do not see any overlap in between the CD FD and PD? I felt like the all flew the same just different distances. I want something with a smaller rim than the FD for my fairway driver as these seem too stable.

There is some overlap between a beat PD and a CD. I am only throwing the C line PDs for straight/overstable shots and into the wind. The CD i use more for fairway type shots.

OP if you need an understable discmania disc you need to try the TD2 or FD. TD2 is probably the best understable disc they have out the box. if you have higher end power a FD in d-line, s-line, or just a lighter weight will probably work just fine. i wouldn't waste your time with the CD or GM.

discmania bread and butter = PD, FD, MD2, P2

if you want to get fancy throw the DD2, TD2, and possibly the TD in there if you really need to fill the gaps left behind. the PD, FD, MD2, P2 setup with a few c-line and s-line variations or stages of wear should cover every possible shot.

I throw all of their molds except MD1 and P1. Maybe a TD would fit your needs. I throw S DD and C DD pretty far and straight. DD, FD PD ,and MD2 are my bread and butter. The Dart is the only non Discmania disc I throw. I am a dealer for Innova and Discmania at Olde Towne General Store and Ive thrown every Discmania mold extensively... hope I helped.

Love the C-PD. It gets better each round I use it. Tried an MD-1 I think, one of their mids. It was good but too much like others I already carry. Didn't like the TD2 at all, and never fell for the S-FD but it was ok.

I'm surprised people don't mention the DD more...this thing is a straight laser distance driver and will fly 400+ on a rope

I have a minimalist DM bag. P2 (hard P-lines for putting and driving both) - MD2 (both R-pro for straight hyzerflips and C-line for more stability, however I seldom feel the need to throw a midrange at full power. MD3 should be interesting for utility duties) - FD (beat S, fresh S, fresh C, they all go straight but need more speed to do that, in this order) - PD (a couple of beat S-lines and a C-line as my most OS driver. All super reliable).

That's basically enough for now. End of last season I tried the TD2, seemed good for uphill and tailwind drives, easy distance when these circumstances eat away the meters for many other discs). Still undecided if I need a 'longer FD' to justify lugging them around, though.

Having almost nailed down my form and timing last season, I have felt the occasional need for something bigger than the PD. DD's lack glide IMO, and PD2 is way too OS, and DD2 is too widerimmed. I really hope DM would make something like a PD1.5, something like a 11-speed but not too OS of a disc. One field day with a Lucid Tresspass suggests this might be it. Too bad the all-DM bag is gone if it makes the bag, but I'm not going to say no to a bigger better deal :D

other DM discs:
TD - not for me. None that I have thrown, have been 'turning drivers' for me, and do nothing a beat S-PD could not do
CD - I had one beat S-line, basically similar to a little less beat P-PD. Don't have a role for this either.
GM - only DM disc I have never thrown. Feels weird in hand, and like I said, I seldom throw midranges. Minimalist bag does not need more plastic.
P1 - used to be my putter but the P-P2 plastic is just right!
MD1 - does not hold a candle to MD2, but an okay disc nonetheless

If anyone has an S- or C-Line GM/Gremlin, I am needing a backup. Guys with short index fingers like mine find the weird feel to fit just perfectly.

The only Discmania discs I throw are the gremlin and the DD2 (long FH shots).

Have been wanting to try out a few different ones though.

Latest posts