• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Question

Everstreet121

Bogey Member
I've been playing for about a year and a half, thrown mostly Innova. I'm looking to try some Discmania plastic and just want some opinions/suggestions from people who throw them.

Not looking for a specific type of disc or plastic type so putt/mid/driver in whatever plastic suggestions all welcome. Thanks!

Their most popular putter is the P2. Its sort of like an Aviar, but has the X-Aviar top, so its more stable than a regular aviar. You'll also find a lot of love for the MD2, which is a beadless, buzzz-ish midrange.

Personally, my favorite Discmania disc is the PD. It flies like a faster Eagle, and its very easy to carry multiples of them to handle lots of different driving duties. Its speed 10, so its not warp speed, but its faster than most fairways, which makes it even more versatile. I think you would like them.

I carry a P-PD and a S-CD. Both are great discs.
In case you were wondering about their plastic classifications:

P = Innova Pro
C = Innova Champion
S = Innova Star

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Snappy-As for my current line-up, I'm using a Mamba as my main driver (hyzer flip), Champ. Ape (for really extreme left or right shots), Champ. Wraith (stable straight, but it was tragically lost 2 weeks ago), Champ. Leopard and Tee-Bird, Star Viper, Super Stingray, Star Stingray (Anhyzer sidearms), Champ. Spider (short finessey approaches) and I putt with DX Aeros

Where to start. I'm a certified Discmaniac, for sure, but I would say to replace your Wraith with a C-PD or S-DD. Be patient and beat them in a bit. I usually suggest an S-FD for vesatility as well.

Try a set of PD's! A P-PD for hyzer flips, an S-PD for stable to overstable, and a C-PD will handle wind and those left hooks and won't be as severe as the Ape.

Thanks guys! Appreciate it! Looks like PD, DD, and FD are the ones I need to look into, I know someone posted earlier but what about the putters. The P2 is said to be like an Aviar, any one use the putters?

If you look at the speed, fade, turn, glide numbers you can pretty easily see which Innova and Dismania discs are the same. One that Discmania has that is unique is the Jackal FD, and that is a great disc, for me anyway, just like OTGS Man says.

Nice slow hyzer flip with a good bit of glide and a forward fade.

I throw it at about 50-70%, it flys very smooth. 250-325 for me

In Discmania's video series they have an extreme distance episode. The guy who started the company says he is gonna use a jackal because even though it is a fairway driver it's glide is just that good. Avery Jenkins throws a blizzard boss 600ft, and he throws his jackal over 500, pretty amazing for a fairway driver.

I do 165g. Really it depends on the angle and power you use as to how it throws. It is very versatile.

Just a general tip here - Instead of using the Ape to get extreme turns, either try something more predictable like a firebird or Banshee, OR even better, practice those tight turns with your teebird on severe hyzer and anhyzer lines.

Yeah, I'm more or less doing that now, saving the Ape for all but the most extreme turns or if I need a crazy skip.

DD will most likely start closer to the ape than your wraith. They don't start out wih any turn for me and I throw them about 450 bh 400 fh. Great disc just know what to expect.

You should try some of the other companies out there. Discmania is Innova. Latitude, MVP, and Discraft make some darn good discs.