• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discnation?

Is houck Austin based too?

Correct.

Discnation is sweet! They have a big mix of all brands and a good selection of weights to choose from which I like. Their Innova stuff gets picked over quickly whenever they get a shipment, but they've got all the tasty plastics and harder to find stuff from all companies.

Their Disc Nation stamped IONs are awesome too.

If I can't find exactly what I want on DGC I just come here and see what stores are advertising and get it from one of them. That's the only reason I ever bought off of PRIME Discs back a few months.

\/\/

cool as they may be, DGC's sorting method is FAR superior, and there site is just plain designed better.

If I can't find exactly what I want on DGC I just come here and see what stores are advertising and get it from one of them. That's the only reason I ever bought off of PRIME Discs back a few months.

\/\/

Disc Nation bought Prime Discs when Steve sold it. You can still order from the Prime Disc website but if you look at the bottom the address is that of Disc Nation.

I'm not sure that it's really relevant, but some nice stupid trivia for your day.

I've always wanted to order from there, but under shipping policies:

"At this time we do not offer shipping to Canada or to any country other than the United States."

The real tough thing for us here in BC is that it seems there's a not very efficient distribution system. Markups are crazy (it's not unusual to see DX discs for sale for 19.99, and good luck getting any good plastic). So basically anyone here who plays a lot either orders directly or with a group from other web retailers in the US who will ship USPS (UPS screws us with a $20+ "brokerage fee" on top of duties and shipping costs).

Man ley me know and Ching and I'll bring up some premium plastic up to bc for trade!!! Why are the courses like up there!"? Wait off to the map browser.

I have ordered once from them and also visited the store. Might have to check out their webpage again.

Man ley me know and Ching and I'll bring up some premium plastic up to bc for trade!!! Why are the courses like up there!"? Wait off to the map browser.

We're ok for plastic overall - there is at least one e-tailer in Fla that ships here and even with shipping it's cheap enough. A few locals keep a trunk full of discs to sell.

As to courses, there's a fair bit of variety, but not a lot of big arm courses. Within an hour drive of my house there is one fairly open course with holes in the 275-350' range (one might be pushing 400 with the new T). There's one course (fir meadows) with a real nice mix of hole types (open, wooded, tunnel, shorter, longer, elevation change) and distances ranging from 250-690'. The downside to FM is long grass. Bowen Park used to be a very short course, but now has longer T boxes. Very nice treed park setting with good use of the terrain. Be warned, however, that even with the longer T's many of the holes are still under 300'.

I always see the side ad on Facebook for them but I always forget to click on it. I read the any weight any color part and think to myself "oh hell yeah, I'm all over that" but apparently I'm not.

Latest posts