• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] DISCRAFT ECLIPSE??

philwallace

Hey I found a Discraft Eclipse that is all beat to hell.. and it is now my favorite disc in my bag I want MORE!!

This disc is extremely understable and I do not yet have a big arm so its perfect for any of my right hook shots..

anyone have any?

lol we have 2 old old old beat to hell ones, i dobut they are worth the shipping on them, and my brother has a ESP Crush with the eclipse stamp on it :D

ohh and you might wanan try the market place next time (if your tryn to get some)...its ok, the mods will move this one there eventuly

man i would love to find one in mint condition or even a few new beat up ones...

i would trade for some

oo, well, i dont think id ever throw one, but thats just me. they get beat up really easy, and for a left to right shots, id throw a discraft meteor, or a innova wolf

the meteor dosent fade as hard, but the wolf will naturaly fade right, and its nice, just never liked the thumbtrac on it

It was the Discraft hyzer-flip distance disc back in the early 90's. Guys used to throw those and Stingrays in distance competitions. It seems like such a long time ago...it was really a revolutionary disc when it came out. They passed a rule about how sharp the nose could be becasue of it.

Anyway, they are really, really slow and they have really, really good glide. Even after the Cyclone replaced it as the best Discraft distance disc, a lot of guys used to carry an Eclipse as a roller. For new players and guys without a lot of armspeed, it's still a very useful disc. The downside is that it is only made in Pro-D. Combine the sharp nose with the base plastic and it's not the most durable disc around.

thanks 3

yeah man I throw this disc hyzer pointed straight down for straight shots and damn near straight down for a really long right flip

yeah man I throw this disc hyzer pointed straight down for straight shots and damn near straight down for a really long right flip

If you like flippy discs, you should try a Quest Defender. This post describes how it flies.

im from Texas

dont question my typing accent.. lol its a matter of a space... < see there was one there watch < see? 5 spaces!.. Im capable!

I like em an almost always keep one in my bag, but I find that the really beat ones are good for nothing but rollers - they need to be in reasonable shape to just take a turnover and still fade back. I've been throwing them since mid 80's or so. Like them for tight fairways as long as I don't try to power it too hard and to turn over for left turns (I'm a LHBH thrower). Although only pro-d plastic, I like them a lot more than the Stratus, which is good when it's new, but beats in to uselessness far too quickly for my liking in pro-d (elite-x is better for the Stratus). Parked a 325' drive with the Eclipse today. Beautiful S curve.

This is definitely not my big D disk, but definitely the disk I throw if the pin is around 300' away and a bit of a left turn is needed.

Last edited: