• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] discraft spectra

MotoDj

Double Eagle Member
anyone have one? anybody throw em?
everytime i go to discrafts site, i keep seeing this disc advertised as the next long distance holder/ easy to throw far for weaker arms...

i've never heard anything good or bad bout it, nobody i know has one, never seen one inperson, never seen a review...

anybody care to chime in?
thanks

Its fairly understable and easy to throw far, flies similar to my Valk. The only thing I don't like about it is the supercolor its hard to see and acts as camo sometimes. I do like the Elite Z plastic on it and get a real good grip on it.

yeah, there all supercolor too arent they...
does it acetone off ?

I've seen a ton at one of my local shops, I think they're all ESP though...

It's kind of like a Valkyrie, not much HSS, some LSS.

I've been on the fence about getting one for a while...I will eventually of course...but I'm like that.

\/\/

I don't think they have any ESP Spectras. The Elite Z blend on those feel similar to ESP though.

Got a few, think xs. Yes their all supercolor. Do not think"next distance record, I'm gonna break it!" and try to muscle it.

I had been looking for one online for awhile and finally got one. I can throw it about as far as my farthest disc, but I am mildly disappointed with it. It is more understable than I expected. Its 166g . I have trouble being consistent with it. Sometimes it goes straight, sometimes left, sometime way right. Doesn't seem to be as forgiving as my other plastic. Right now a 159g R-Pro Boss seems to be giving me my best distance.

the z on the spectra does have a lot grippier feel than other elite z's i have like the stalker. Spectra i would compare more to a mix of a beast and viking for me, it has a little turn and a little fade, but not too much, just don't throw on wooded courses. I like this for turnovers into a headwind and as an all around tailwind driver. When you need to go straighter or into a bit of a wind, I'd say go with an avenger or wraith. Spectra is a terrible headwind driver unless you want some serious turn

Latest posts