• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DiscWing

drock2k1

Bogey Member
So. After recovering from mono I have finally started playing DG again. A freind of mine bought me a black disc with no stamp on it from a company called DiscWing. It was a 175 driver that I didn't think would do much for me since I normally throw 150g - 165g. I gave it a throw and was stunned when it flew close to 280 feet with minimal effort. I got it to go about 310, which is about my max. I love the rim on the disc as it almost jumps out of my hand on its own.

My question is, has anybody else had experience with DiscWing discs?

You probably have one of the new QK II's. I've ha dthe same experience with this disc....I really liked the QK I as well, but got beat up a little quickly. The only reason I don't carry my QK II with me every round is because I don't always need something so understable, the Marshall field chart rates it as the most understable disc out there.
The one thing I don't like about the disc is that it's pretty susceptible to 'tuning' so you kind of have to keep that in mind before every shot...especially if you're the type of person that will mess with the disc on the tee before you shoot.

I have a Quarter K First Run and love it. Found it at a disc golf store used for $2. I don't keep it in my bag all the time because it seems to get gashes pretty easily and I don't throw it any further than my Star Wraith.

Here is a pic of my disc. It's the black one on right. It had this wierd symbol on it :)

Discwing.jpg

So. After recovering from mono I have finally started playing DG again. A freind of mine bought me a black disc with no stamp on it from a company called DiscWing. It was a 175 driver that I didn't think would do much for me since I normally throw 150g - 165g. I gave it a throw and was stunned when it flew close to 280 feet with minimal effort. I got it to go about 310, which is about my max. I love the rim on the disc as it almost jumps out of my hand on its own.

My question is, has anybody else had experience with DiscWing discs?

Think of how it would fly for you if it was in the weights you normally throw.

Latest posts