• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Improvement Advice

KingKerrmitt

Hey all,

In mid-December, I decided I was going to actually put some time and effort in to making changes to my form during the off-season. I've been playing just over 2 years and decided it was time before too many habits are impossible to break.

This first throw was my initial starting point. This putter went about 270 ft (pretty normal for my putters).

Normal Speed
View attachment 2023-12-19 - Normal.mp4

Slow Motion
View attachment 2023-12-19 - Slow Mo.mp4

I clearly noticed I didn't have balance when I was "reaching back" and that I was actually leaning backwards. I focused on fixing that for the past few weeks and have gotten to this point. These putters go about 240-250 ft but with a lot less effort.

Normal Speed
View attachment 2023-12-14 - Normal.mp4

Slow Motion
View attachment 2023-12-14 - Slow Mo.mp4

To me it appears the next big issue is the air bouncing part of my throw. Would you agree? What else do you see? What drills, etc. do you recommend to fix what you're seeing?

Thanks for the help!

I think camera behind tee will give you much better look at how you are going behind your right heel instead of stacking and bracing more inline to front foot.

You also take a very long stride and get stuck and barely turn your shoulders back so you end up hugging yourself a bit.
Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 3.37.31 AM.png

Hmm, well it's hard to see there because your front foot is turned so far open.

Basically you are shifting from in front of your instead of from behind you.

If you watch how your rear knee moves, it is the opposite motion of pros.

doss rear knee motion.png