• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form critique and advice RHBH

Janillatea

Hello, thanks in advanced for any feedback and things to work on. I have been playing for about 4 years. Taking form seriously for about a year, i have slowly gotten form better and in the past year have gotten from around 300ft to 350ft max distance. I have developed an ulcer in my left knee from over use directly correlating to throwing (too much?!) with poor form. Currently i have been trying to focus on the figure 8 motion and added the pump for timing. I find when i do a dummy throw or throw into a net my form looks and feels better but when i actually throw in the field i muscle up and take more of a cowboy stance. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks from Australia
View attachment RPReplay_Final1693746608.mov
View attachment RPReplay_Final1693746181.mov
View attachment RPReplay_Final1693746133.mov

1. Your stance is way too staggered closed unless you are doing Elephant Walk Drill or One Leg Drill.

2. You never load your shoulder/s back behind you. Your feet should be only slighty staggered in Bow and Arrow Drill below as you want a north-south strectch in the drill vs east-west stretch.

Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 2.58.04 PM.png

Thanks Sidewinder, will give it a go then try it in the field. Not sure if the camera angle was what made my stance look staggered but ill be aware of that too

Some updated videos of form work. Watch the overthrow video on coiling additional to the loading the bow and arrow drill. Feels much better and snap is an indication that im on the right track. Still seeking feedback however form and knee is feeling better

First video is a submaximal throw with a putter focusing in the shoulder coil. I can see my timing is off slightly, my off arm is not compact and im nit quite "kicking the ball"

This throw went about 150ft feel i am more athletic and compact. Big focus has also been stretching the plant foot out to far toward the target restricting my weight shift.

Any feedback is appreciated. Cheers

1. Wear shoes, practice like you play.

2. You are in Anterior Pelvic Tilt quad dominant posture. Need to hinge from the hips, instead of bending from the knees. Note the previous pic with your spine in extension vs relaxed and pulled into flexion.