• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distance Driver you use most ON the course?

Uh... a zflx machete. :(
I am hoping that my game gets to a better point in which my utility disc is not my most used distance driver.
That said, MVP considers both the tesla and the motion to be (speed 9) "18.5mm Distance Drivers", so by that definition, the motion is my most used distance driver, closely followed by the tesla.

Westside Destiny. They go a bit farther than everything else I've tried and are less flippy than Kings. Pro plastic Destroyers are a close second.

For me it's the ESP Undertaker, 171 grams. Reliable 330-360 ft on golf lines without needing to crush it.

I've recently started throwing a 173 gram atomic Kahu and that thing bombs, but I seldom have the room to work it. I've not really learned how to throw distance lines yet so most of my distance drives are flat to hyzer or flip to flat.

At this time as a 350' thrower, Plasma Wave. Nearly straight, no turn-and-burn & no hyzer-out-short drives.

Valk by far. I'm finding it really versatile, but it's exceptionally good on low straight lines. Also the Hades if there's some room to wind out a longer turn.

Innova Halo Sidewinder or a Legacy Mongoose. I was throwing a Dynamic Discs Escape, but I lost my favorite in a lake and haven't found one that feels and flies the same.

Definitely ballista pro. I carry four different ones all from meathook to roller.

The only reason I would use something else like a fortress or culverin is if I don't want distance but need linecontrol wich I get by throwing said discs hard enough to turn them over.

7 speed fairways are king though.

Last edited:
g*star Daedalus for open bombs. My home course is wooded/technical (NPC) so I mostly tee off with a Z Glide there.

DX Beast. Forceovers, sweepy S Curves, hyzerflip laser beams, and I disc up for some low ceiling shots.

In the wind? Nothing. H1 as a utility disc, but my goal is to not use it.

At my local courses nothing gets thrown off the tee more than the c-line FD. Close runners up being DX teebirds or ESP Undertaker for FH.

If the holes have more forgiving/wider fairways and calm winds I'll occasionally pull out a Hades. but it's the only speed 9+ disc regularly in my bag.

It really depends on the course. If it's a more open course then probably my Outlaws will get most of the work. But on a more wooded course, I will throw mainly PD's on the longer holes.

I miss TripleB.

I fail to understand this reference. I remember TripleB and his desire to try every disc created within his first 3 months playing, but I'm not sure what he has to do with this topic...?

I carry 4 Destroyers of differing stabilities and use the 2 on the flippy side of the spectrum the most.

Star Wraith and Glow Shryke both get a lot of use... But depending on the course and the day I will disc up a little to a beefy Zeus.

I always carry the same 3 drivers in Pro:

Sidewinder for tighter drives in the woods and my main forehand driver.
Valk for slightly more open drives where I want more side to side action than the SW.
Wraith for more open drives where I need max distance without fear of turning too much.

I use all three pretty evenly.

Latest posts