• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do I see a possible beer league event?

AcidRain

Birdie Member
14510_1450569641842160_1594861304_n.jpg

1981949_1450569685175489_246717341_n.jpg

64 people this week. What am I going to do with all these growlers??? I won three the last 3 weeks! :)

I missed 4 putts last week in my 6 rounds of double elimination at COTU. We had 19 players. This event is on my way home from work. We had another indoor putting league which ended last night in a warehouse a mile from my office. I won the overall points event. I never get into putting events but these are near my office so i'm not going out of my way. I doubt I would travel for a putting event.

how does it work do you stand behind a line like darts or shoot from several different locations , this would be great here in michigan for the cold months.

At the COTU League we have a small area to use. We have 3 baskets and have 3 matches going on at a time. We play to 11 points. 1 point for one putt made and 3 points if you make two putts. It was random opponents with no divisions. It goes quickly and we have a bracket program that does all of the work.

Our other event was more of a fun event that changed every week. Some times we had penalty spots on floors and tables and boxes and trashcans. We putted with 4 discs and got to choose the putts and we had 4 rounds. Typically we had a 1x, 2x, or 3x line to putt from. These lines multiplied your points and also your negative penalty points. Baskets also had point values based on difficulty. The highlight was a blind ace putt from about 75ft around a warehouse rack system. The ace pot was capped at $50. I hit it on back to back putts one night for $100. In total $270 was given away in the ace putts.

There is a video on my FB home page of the COTU finals from last week for all of my friends to view. It should be available for everyone.

I saw the flyers for the Charlotte one when I was down there recently. If I was a local I would definitely be there every week. I love me some craft beer and disc golf :thmbup:

Perhaps the Minnesota locals could talk Surly into an indoor putting course at the Destination Brewery. I have seen a ton of Twin Cities folks on DGCR. Surly is great about grassroots movements for a cause. With the winter we have had up here, any sort of space to throw a frisbee at temps above zero would be a huge plus. I do not mix beer with sport, however a beer after said sport is a ok.

Latest posts