• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rated League Rounds

seedlings

* Ace Member *
Local club is doing an 8 week rated round series. Can someone explain if this is like a tournament, where you have to play all rounds, or are they 8 individual one-day events? Does someone 'win' a division? Also, how will it apply to my PDGA rating?

Just finished up the last half of one of these. I only played four (as I had only just learned about it). All four rounds counted toward my rating. In this case, they kept a cumulative points. If you played in a certain number, you would qualify for a tournament round at the end. Looks like this:

Just finished up the last half of one of these. I only played four (as I had only just learned about it). All four rounds counted toward my rating. In this case, they kept a cumulative points. If you played in a certain number, you would qualify for a tournament round at the end. Looks like this:

Ok thanks! I haven heard about any tournament at the end of the one I'm playing. Did people 'win' divisions, like at a tournament? Also, did the rating apply after all weeks were completed, or in the middle of the weeks at the next rating update?

Ok thanks! I haven heard about any tournament at the end of the one I'm playing. Did people 'win' divisions, like at a tournament?

Yes, but it may have been cumulative points as there were 8 league nights covering two courses—four and four. So those who played all eight nights got more points. Winners in all divisions, then IDK about the additional tournament, but it was a great way for me to get some sanctioned points and great that it was a flex-start single round. I'll def be doing it next year.

Results:

You can probably hit up Scott Sherwood the TD and get more deets.

Ok thanks! I haven heard about any tournament at the end of the one I'm playing. Did people 'win' divisions, like at a tournament? Also, did the rating apply after all weeks were completed, or in the middle of the weeks at the next rating update?
Pretty sure the ratings don't get applied until the league is completed.

Local club is doing an 8 week rated round series. Can someone explain if this is like a tournament, where you have to play all rounds, or are they 8 individual one-day events? Does someone 'win' a division? Also, how will it apply to my PDGA rating?
You do not have to play all the rounds and they are treated as separate individual events. You do not get a win on your PDGA record for accumulating the most points in a League session.

PDGA ratings for the rounds get finalized after the completion of all weeks when the League director submits the event report. So they will all go on at the same time and be calculated in a single ratings update even though the rounds fell during a different ratings update period. They will fall off your rating 1 year after the round date so early weeks of the league only count on your rating for like 42-46 weeks.

Latest posts