• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

do you play for money?

Taking the 23 cent out of the bottom of my bag, one time, does not allow for the professional proclaimation. :p

Just for the record:
I took that 23 cents from the guy who took it out of the bottom of your bag...

Some friends and I play board game and have a loser/winner shot rule.

Current loser shot - Habanero vodka.
Current winner shot - Jameson 12yr.

It brings a lot of excitement to the game play. I've been meaning to factor it into disc golf. Every hole would get out of hand REAL fast. Maybe every 6 or 9 would work.

Not anymore. I follow the rules, and everybody I play with can't even be bothered to read them. I'm not going to put money on the line when I'm playing at a disadvantage.

Plus I don't need to gamble to have fun. Just playing is plenty for me

I will always play doubles/wolf/match play for cash.

Straight singles is for leagues/tourney/or fun.

When I first started throwing, my friends and I had very little money, so we gambled with beers as skins instead. Talk about savoring the sweet taste of victory!

Up here beers too expensive haha.. Cheaper to play dollar skins.. Though we are between 25 and 50 cents usually

giphy.gif

I do, win some lose some. Always if fun. Got a buddy that every time we play a club doubles event we put 5 bucks on a CTP. I came up with a CTP challenge, throw all 18 holes pick the best park job on any hole. See who has the best park job and the winner take the 5 bucks. Mike's a way better player than me but I get lucky more than anyone he knows. Drives him bat crap crazy sometimes.

Damage is limited to 5 bucks and I get to talk smack if I win. I talk smack even if I lose. He talks smack all the time. First year, I took 6 of 10 rounds, Next year I took 4 of 7, this year he has me 2 to zip.

This works best with just 2 people. We did let others in once and there was not the same. Here's the other thing, you have to enjoy losing as much as winning. If not then, the game is no longer fun.

The10:30 unemployment toss at shady oaks every week day is fun. Random draw dubs 5 to the pot 1 to the ace. Ace pots get big and every idiot around shows up. Other than that buck buck buck with a dollar bogey free is fun.

For myself it is actually more rare to play with no money on the line than to play for money. In the spring/summer/early fall I play 1-2 cash league days per week (doubles and singles) and then tournaments every other weekend or so. I have to admit it makes playing casual kind of boring. 2 years ago I made over $1k playing my local friday singles league

Some friends and I play board game and have a loser/winner shot rule.

Current loser shot - Habanero vodka.
Current winner shot - Jameson 12yr.

It brings a lot of excitement to the game play. I've been meaning to factor it into disc golf. Every hole would get out of hand REAL fast. Maybe every 6 or 9 would work.

Me and some friends do something very similar to this on our annual disc golf camping trip. But it's group consensus of when to hand out swigs from the flasks. We use Old Crow as the bad stuff, and some good cognac for the good stuff.... So it's common to hear someone shout "CROW" after a bad shot (and/or be flapping their arms like a bird) :)

I don't play to win money but I will put a little on the line for leagues and such. Even playing open divisions at tournaments, money isn't the object of the competition for me.

Sanctioned tournaments/leagues - no.

Unsanctioned tournaments/leagues - not really, as I'm not good enough to finish in the money. :)

I do play in a handicap league (unsanctioned) where every once in a while I play well enough to win a couple of dollars.

I have played in a couple of fun rounds with friends where I'll put up $5 just to put pressure on myself. I don't expect to win, but playing with the pressure of losing some money helps me with tournaments.

Sanctioned tournaments/leagues - no.

Unsanctioned tournaments/leagues - not really, as I'm not good enough to finish in the money. :)

I do play in a handicap league (unsanctioned) where every once in a while I play well enough to win a couple of dollars.

I have played in a couple of fun rounds with friends where I'll put up $5 just to put pressure on myself. I don't expect to win, but playing with the pressure of losing some money helps me with tournaments.

One of the guys I play with likes to have some money on the line to add pressure and help him focus. We usually play for $2.

Latest posts