• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone do all of their disks the same color?

Nothing against it but anyone doing this probably irons their boxers and jeans

I try to get everything I can in pink if possible as it is easiest to find. It kind of annoys me that a few of my older discs aren't pink (especially one of my favorite teebirds).

I never worry about getting the wrong disc as I dye them all with something unique

I am very close to an all orange bag, but I'll probably never get all the way there. blaming it on lack of orange-rimmed Novas in the right configuration.

Nothing against it but anyone doing this probably irons their boxers and jeans

Haha! Yup.

I've seen a few players who throw just one color disc. Don't know if it's because they throw only one color of disc but each of them is weird. Even for disc golfers.

I also saw a player at a C-Tier in March who coordinated his discs, bag, towel, biner, clothes (shirt, shorts, socks, shoes, wristbands, Oakleys) kinesiology tape and ear buds. Dude is a sociopath.

I try to get everything I can in pink if possible as it is easiest to find. It kind of annoys me that a few of my older discs aren't pink (especially one of my favorite teebirds).

I never worry about getting the wrong disc as I dye them all with something unique

Likewise.
If it is available in Pink, that is what I am buying.

I also LOVE pink core/white overmolded MVP/Axiom discs. These discs really stick out when you get off the fairway.

I also LOVE pink core/white overmolded MVP/Axiom discs. These discs really stick out when you get off the fairway.

Now this I understand. I can see wanting to buy a disc whose color pops and thus makes it easier to find (pink, white, orange.) And wanting to stay away from colors that blend it too much (green, yellow, black.) But buying only one color exclusively is a little bit nutty. But hey, no one ever accused a disc golfer of not being a little nutty.

Surprisingly as a female player, my bag is a menagerie of colors. I do prefer bright, neon colors, because they are WAYYYY easier to find when I shank one of my discs into the woods. The more I play, the more I realize that I could care less about the appearance and color of the discs. I would much rather throw a disc that is comfortable in my hand and a plastic that I can control.

Putters are red, fairway drivers are blue. It is a stupid system because I will grab a very overstable fairway driver instead of the flippy fairway driver because they are both blue :)

Now this I understand. I can see wanting to buy a disc whose color pops and thus makes it easier to find (pink, white, orange.) And wanting to stay away from colors that blend it too much (green, yellow, black.) But buying only one color exclusively is a little bit nutty. But hey, no one ever accused a disc golfer of not being a little nutty.

The thing that sucks about that is that depending on seasons, climate, time of day, ect. ANY color can be hard to see or easy to see. Neon pink or orange sounds great until you play in the peak of fall leaves changing and dropping. In those conditions neon green or yellow is great. In spring and summer foliage tho? Not so much

The thing that sucks about that is that depending on seasons, climate, time of day, ect. ANY color can be hard to see or easy to see. Neon pink or orange sounds great until you play in the peak of fall leaves changing and dropping. In those conditions neon green or yellow is great. In spring and summer foliage tho? Not so much

Haha. True. Of course, I have a bias, living in Southern California. For us, it's either green or brown we have to worry about obscuring our discs. No snow. Not many leaves.

Haha. True. Of course, I have a bias, living in Southern California. For us, it's either green or brown we have to worry about obscuring our discs. No snow. Not many leaves.

And these days I'm betting not much green around either

I love those blood red Trilogy candy plastic molds but I'm shocked how well they hide like a chameleon in green grass. And I'm not even colorblind.

I know it's going to be hell searching for this disc in the fall, but I had to get a bronze colored Harp. Looks so freakin' cool.

Orange is the way to go

My whole bag is mainly orange, reddish orange, red, or pink. These colors tend to stand out very well(except for red) almost anywhere. If you find yourself back east, or up in the northern midwest, in the Fall this may be an issue. Here in CO, no worries!

pink for me. in honor of my wife, my hero(ine), a breast cancer survivor

I carry 19 discs and 8 molds.

All molds vary in color.

If it feels right...I buy it.
If it flies right...it makes the bag.

I avoid green. I prefer lighter shades. But utility rules.