• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone throw vibram

Have an Unlace, Arch and 2 Ibex. Had a Trak and tried to get another when I lost it but OOP. The Arch is similar.

Really like these when it's cold and snowy.

I bag an Onyx. Lots of glide and an easy, long turn RHBH.

I do miss the Ascent. Firm and medium Ascents were fantastic fairway drivers.

This is how I feel about the Trak. Love em, but I dislike throwing OOP molds. When I lost my main Trak I replaced them with Leopards and havent looked back.

I bag the Vamp and Arch in glow plastic. Occasionally throw the Arch. Vamp is my go to fairway driver in the woods.

I like the glow plastic/rubber, but it can be frustrating trying to buy it since they don't always stock it.

I have a Summit, a Sole, and Arch. I only throw the Arch occasionally.

Fell in love with the VP as my go to putter after the Banger GT started to be flippy for my form. I've got seven VPs, and the two in my bag have four aces between them. They just give me the confidence that the soft rubber grippiness will grab chains under different conditions.

I've tried a variety of other Vibram discs, but never really clicked with them. You can tell from my signature that I'm comfortable throwing a variety of brands (and will never be a sponsored player anyway...)

Somewhere in my collection there is a Ridge. It's never made the bag. Have seen some of the non-putter molds and just don't like the feel of them.

Used to putt with Summits religiously but I don't bag any Vibram anymore (unless you count minis). I have enough to make a mini bag (Summit, VP, Obex, Trak, Ascent) but I just don't care for them. I got tired of the tie-dye-esque look of them (was getting too camo-looking), plus they don't shine like plastic does so looking for them in low light can be annoying. They also seemed to feel more sandy and slick compared to how grippy they used to be. I tried washing them and all that but it just never grips up.

If I lived somewhere damp and/or rocky I'd probably bag them more often.

Lost my trak at Oak Grove about a week ago. I was starting to use it more than my leopards because I was able to grip it better. Might replace it someday.

I don't really know of anyone around here that bags Vibram.

Years ago I got one of their mids as part of a prize package. Don't remember the name of the mold, but it seemed somewhat like a pop-top Roc to me. I liked the feel of the material, but it was rather light (maybe 150g?) and I didn't like the first few throws I tried with it. Wound up trading it to someone.

Knew a guy locally who was throwing a lot of Vibram a few years back. He worked at a shop that had recently stocked a lot of their discs. However, since then he's moved on and now throws a lot of Discmania.

I bag 2 Laces, and used to carry VPs when I was trying to replace Ontario Pro Rhynos. None of the mids really clicked with me, and I long ago went back to the TeeBird from the Ascent.

I will say vibram doesn't have a large selection of disc like other brands to though

I throw Vibram if it's cold, wet or both. I have a lot more confidence in my grip with them. I have three full bags (ex lg, med, small) that I've accumulated since they started (a lot of first runs).

They don't work as well in the Texas heat as Innova's Star or Lat64's GL plastic.

The Ridge is by far my favorite putter.

Did this little project last Fall - switched the whole bag to see how it would go. was a fun little project. they cover every shot in the bag now, but still a minimalist set up.

Bought one on a whim, have to say though despite the connotation with the word "rubber" they do hold up much better than you would think against tree hits, had a firm Obex, and it flew just like a late 11x/early 12x Roc, back when they were stamped multi-purpose instead of mid-range.

Did this little project last Fall - switched the whole bag to see how it would go. was a fun little project. they cover every shot in the bag now, but still a minimalist set up.

Well I'm saying like a full bag that you use year round and is your main disc you are using.

Been bagging an Ibex for about 3 yrs, and really like a well-seasoned Lace as my go to driver.

Used to be a big Unlace fan, but find myself not throwing it as often as I used to.

Just FYI on this thread - if you have Vibram from 3 or more years ago it's straight gold on the Facebook collector pages. I'm talking $25-100+ depending on mold/color patterns. If you're real curious post up pics and I can point you in the right direction.