• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Driving Putter

Better get used to the feel... An overstable disc will just hide the wobble out of your hand if you can't rip your Pure cleanly. Good for short term; long term however you'll probably want to figure out the Pure.

The Chief and Shaman are the only ones I've used that were noticeably shallower than the Pure in the hand... Of the two, I prefer the Chief.

I would say a Chief OS is better because my Chiefs all have had some turn and light fade. Scales are amazing too because no glide makes it easy to range. I power grip Wizards and I have small hands so it's all about being clean baby! Go to the field for the day with the Pure OP! Your game will thank you.

I would say a Chief OS is better because my Chiefs all have had some turn and light fade. Scales are amazing too because no glide makes it easy to range. I power grip Wizards and I have small hands so it's all about being clean baby! Go to the field for the day with the Pure OP! Your game will thank you.

Yea, agreed.. I just like the feel of the Chief better really.. I generally will just carry and drive Wizards too. Then again, I have like a 4 or 5 disc bag most days :D

The XD is my favorite in the shallower category. Dont get an XD+ they are awful.

I've grown to love the plasma anode if I need a bit more distance.

You could try the Innova Stud and Colt combo. Many here like the Envy/Proxy combo, which I'm okay with if you're not powering down your shots.

You are going to have a hard time with anything, if you are having trouble with the opto pure.
What wrong with a fan grip?
Pinch tight and let it rip.
I use a modified fan on my pures, and they often go farther than my buzzz with a power grip

New Latitude 64 Caltrop could be an option to check out. I held one at a tournament today, had a nice feel to it.

Chief or Chief OS are both great for low profile.

Chief OS works well on Roc type lines that flip up to flat and have some fade. The chief goes nuts straight on a flat release and breaks into a great slow turning driving putter.